New Liquid DNB Mix!

Default New Liquid DNB Mix!

Feedback is welcomed and much appreciated!!!
    Reloop TM4 : Audio6 DJ : Kontrol X1 : Traktor Pro Scratch 2 : Ultrasone DJ1 Pros : Ableton 9 : Launchpad Mini :

Tech Wizard

I'm not much a fan of dnb but this has an uplifting feel to it, makes you want to move, I enjoyed how you kept an underlying theme and didn't just go all over the board playing random dnb, very smooth transitions, kinda boring though, kinda feels like a song that never really ends, try to put some sparks in it make it interesting, I like the feel, I'd like more oumph if you know what I mean? hope this helps!!
    Last edited by kevin-colin; 08-07-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin-colin View Post
    I'm not much a fan of dnb but this has an uplifting feel to it, makes you want to move, I enjoyed how you kept an underlying theme and didn't just go all over the board playing random dnb, very smooth transitions, kinda boring though, kinda feels like a song that never really ends, try to put some sparks in it make it interesting, I like the feel, I'd like more oumph if you know what I mean? hope this helps!!

Feel free to listen and critic my mix

http://soundcloud.com/kevin-colin/summer-fun-mix

ENJOY! CRANK THE VOLUME!
    Even after being told and acknowledging it, you're still spamming your mix about... There's absolutely no need for that, you posted it on the same forum you're posting in. Especially considering these are your only posts on the forum. Stop.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by *Otter* View Post
    Feedback is welcomed and much appreciated!!!
    Ugh, forum ate my first reply. I listened to your mix while playing Skate 3. It was a good soundtrack for this activity and did not mess with my Skate 3 flow.

Here's my feedback in bullet point form :

- Liquid DNB, eh? I guess this is the genre that Atmospheric DNB and/or neurofunk turned into? I thought most of your tracks were interesting and didn't *hate* any of them, though I disliked a few. I was *really* into one of the tracks, a drumsteppy sounding thing about halfway through.

- Your mixes sometimes had some drum busy-ness as a result of you not making one of the records "duck" the other in the midrange and/or high end. I feel like you'd get better results by some very slight EQ action here. Your low end EQ work, such as I noticed it, was fine.

- Similar to the last comment, your mix ins were sometimes slightly too loud. When you were mixing, there was a tendency for the overall volume to increase, versus when one track was playing alone.

- 37 minutes is kinda a weird length for a mix.

- Thanks for the tracklist, but I wish you had posted it here on DJTT too, and in a more readable format on soundcloud.

- I also wish you had provided a download on soundcloud, so it would have been easier for me to listen to it on various devices.

- I expected a mix that had slightly more of a "summery rain" feel.. not a "summer's eve" feel, mind you...

All in all, a good mix of a genre I am clearly not very familiar with. Thanks, and keep at it!

!!! AWESOMER !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    Ugh, forum ate my first reply. I listened to your mix while playing Skate 3. It was a good soundtrack for this activity and did not mess with my Skate 3 flow.

Here's my feedback in bullet point form :

- Liquid DNB, eh? I guess this is the genre that Atmospheric DNB and/or neurofunk turned into? I thought most of your tracks were interesting and didn't *hate* any of them, though I disliked a few. I was *really* into one of the tracks, a drumsteppy sounding thing about halfway through.

- Your mixes sometimes had some drum busy-ness as a result of you not making one of the records "duck" the other in the midrange and/or high end. I feel like you'd get better results by some very slight EQ action here. Your low end EQ work, such as I noticed it, was fine.

- Similar to the last comment, your mix ins were sometimes slightly too loud. When you were mixing, there was a tendency for the overall volume to increase, versus when one track was playing alone.

- 37 minutes is kinda a weird length for a mix.

- Thanks for the tracklist, but I wish you had posted it here on DJTT too, and in a more readable format on soundcloud.

- I also wish you had provided a download on soundcloud, so it would have been easier for me to listen to it on various devices.

- I expected a mix that had slightly more of a "summery rain" feel.. not a "summer's eve" feel, mind you...

All in all, a good mix of a genre I am clearly not very familiar with. Thanks, and keep at it!

!!! AWESOMER !!!
    Dude thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my mix! I really appreciate your comments and detailed thoughts on how I can get better. This is one of the reasons I love the DJTT Community, people really want to help each other be better as DJs!!! I will be working on my EQ techniques and making sure the track im bringing into the mix is lower in volume so it doesn't overpower the primary track. :-) Awesomer your really awesome!!! LOL
    Reloop TM4 : Audio6 DJ : Kontrol X1 : Traktor Pro Scratch 2 : Ultrasone DJ1 Pros : Ableton 9 : Launchpad Mini :

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post

Isn't Summer's Eve a brand of Douche? LMAO!!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Even after being told and acknowledging it, you're still spamming your mix about... There's absolutely no need for that, you posted it on the same forum you're posting in. Especially considering these are your only posts on the forum. Stop.
    I'm sorry I don't see what's wrong with critiquing something then asking for a little critiquing in return? I understand it seems like I'm spamming my mix but I'm just looking for feedback from whoever wants to listen!

Thread Jacker!

Tech Wizard

not my intentions!!, trying not to get off on the wrong foot as I'm the newcomer

Tech Wizard

my apologize