fx with a joystick? 2 super knobs

Default fx with a joystick? 2 super knobs

so ean golden has shown us the super knobs and super faders?

is this possible to turn http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9032from to potentiometres into 2 SUPER potentiometers for some real beat destroying and such? im loving the thought of this tbh =s

any ideas
    thanks
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2 - NI Audio 10
    Dnb - Dubstep -Fidget House

Super faders are just faders in a hardware sense, the only difference is on the software side. There will be some firmware/additional software that sits between the hardware and traktor/whatever and converts the single midi message into a series of midi messages.

So yes, any pot can be a super pot. Might be a little difficult setting it up without prior experience though.

Is this sorta thing covered by the standard midi translator programs? Honestly I've never used any so I wouldn't know.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

If you use GlovePIE (free download) to convert your HID (messages sent by your joystick) to MIDI, you could easily add some extra functions like the ones of Ean's superfaders.

some very basic scripting is required for this though.

Joystick easily become loose and send some odd messages from what I hear. It would be crazy fun, but not very precise.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

sweet. it does sound fun! i think il try this out with a ps2 controler... BEFORE i tear it to pieces and i dont know anything about glovepie yet...

does anybody know where to begin on reading up about coding? seriously right now, way in over my head.... but i have to get there! ha

oh, also im on win 7? i im sure ive heard its a real bitch with glove pie? rejoice and midiyoke wouldnt install properly so i gave up on that!

thanks again! =]
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2 - NI Audio 10
    Dnb - Dubstep -Fidget House

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    oh, also im on win 7? i im sure ive heard its a real bitch with glove pie? rejoice and midiyoke wouldnt install properly so i gave up on that!

thanks again! =]
    glovepie is fine on win7 - its those virtual midi port apps that can cause issues. i use loopMIDI on win7 and have had no issues at all.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"