Rekordbox 3.0 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rekordbox 3.0

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Looks nice only a few stops short of being standalone DJ software ... hmmmm

IMHO it looks like they might go the route of rolling out full featured software in the future to go with their Controllers rather than relying on Serato ?
    You know, i was thinking the exact same thing. Surely it won't be long before rekordbox is going to be a genuine contender or even replacement for the likes of Traktor & sera to etc.

Especially with the new Pioneer turntables about to hit the shelves in the next month or so.

CDJ - Turntable - Mixer - Turntable - CDJ

They could control the entire market, especially if they give it away free!

Watch this space i suppose........
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mattalik View Post
    You know, i was thinking the exact same thing. Surely it won't be long before rekordbox is going to be a genuine contender or even replacement for the likes of Traktor & sera to etc.

Especially with the new Pioneer turntables about to hit the shelves in the next month or so.

CDJ - Turntable - Mixer - Turntable - CDJ

They could control the entire market, especially if they give it away free!

Watch this space i suppose........
    Yea, they just have to get the worse DJ software and turn it into the best one lol

They are light-years behind IMO.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Yea, they just have to get the worse DJ software and turn it into the best one lol

They are light-years behind IMO.
    True, but to a company of that size, with their endless millions, surely it cannot be that hard for them?

Especially if they have so many pre existing templates to draw ideas/design from such as Traktor, Serato etc.
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mattalik View Post
    True, but to a company of that size, with their endless millions, surely it cannot be that hard for them?

Especially if they have so many pre existing templates to draw ideas/design from such as Traktor, Serato etc.
    Fair argument, but I don't think it is just a matter of money. Traktor, for example, is being developed since 2000, you need time to develop a software like this, It's not an easy task.

Also I think they are now selling turntables because the turntable market is getting bigger and bigger, while the dominant equipment (Technics) ceased production on 2010. So. What would you do if you were Pioneer?

Maybe they are not planning to completely eat the hole market and dominate it all... maybe they are selling turntables because.... people are buying turntables...
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Also I think they are now selling turntables because the turntable market is getting bigger and bigger, while the dominant equipment (Technics) ceased production on 2010. So. What would you do if you were Pioneer?

Maybe they are not planning to completely eat the hole market and dominate it all... maybe they are selling turntables because.... people are buying turntables...
    I hope this is true! i would love to see more dj's playing on the wheels of steel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234