Flight cases on a... Flight!
    Tech Wizard

Default Flight cases on a... Flight!

So I'm buying a flight case for my recently purchased Xone 92. I've found one by ZOMO which I like the look of, not too much excess bulk etc.

I travel a lot, especially to South Africa, so I'm wondering how many of you have experience taking equipment on planes? I would take the xone 92 as hand luggage (if possible? I don't see why not as it's not that big...)

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Danielkaye View Post
    So I'm buying a flight case for my recently purchased Xone 92. I've found one by ZOMO which I like the look of, not too much excess bulk etc.

I travel a lot, especially to South Africa, so I'm wondering how many of you have experience taking equipment on planes? I would take the xone 92 as hand luggage (if possible? I don't see why not as it's not that big...)

What are your thoughts?
    I've taken a s4 as hand luggage, it shouldn't be a problem
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Maybe make sure all your cables are wrapped before putting them in the case. It's funny the amount of interviews with Dj's who claim they've been stopped as a bomb threat from their Mass of unwrapped/messy cables in their carry on luggage.

You will also want to weigh your flightcase + mixer, just to make sure it fits under your airlines weight maximum for carry on, or you may have to pay a little more.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Tech Wizard

hahaha I saw James Zabiela's "Whats in your bag" and the amount of stuff that man fits inside one bag is insane. He was talking about being stopped in customs and having to unpack and repack everything. I'd probably just stick all the cables in my suitcase, and just take the mixer as hand luggage.

Tech Mentor

Keep in mind that a lot of airlines have a 8kg in cabin luggage restriction these days.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rjc View Post
    Maybe make sure all your cables are wrapped before putting them in the case. It's funny the amount of interviews with Dj's who claim they've been stopped as a bomb threat from their Mass of unwrapped/messy cables in their carry on luggage.

You will also want to weigh your flightcase + mixer, just to make sure it fits under your airlines weight maximum for carry on, or you may have to pay a little more.
    this summer when I went to Portugal I had so many wires in my bag plus some equipment, external HD etc I got stopped on every flight pulled to the side inspected the whole bag what a pain
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    this summer when I went to Portugal I had so many wires in my bag plus some equipment, external HD etc I got stopped on every flight pulled to the side inspected the whole bag what a pain
    Have had the same experience when my bag was a mess. When it was neat and clean with the same amount of stuff never a problem. Then again my external HD was suspect at the time, weird half case with a rubber band holding it together, so the crazy jumbled mess of wires probably didn't help.