how to get rekordbox beat grids as precise as in Traktor?
    Tech Wizard

Default how to get rekordbox beat grids as precise as in Traktor?

Hey guys, so I'm embarking on a long and grueling journey to fully beatgrid all of my club tracks for play on my CDJ-2000 nexus's.. Previously, I was using Traktor 2 Pro and really liked that in Traktor that you could literally zoom so far in to the waveform that you could make each beatgrid literally perfect..

I'm noticing that in rekordbox that even when I'm fully zoomed in, that I feel like I can't get these grids as accurate as I can in Traktor.. Even at full zoom in rekordbox, the waveform is still too small to really pinpoint exact beatgrids.. I'm kind of OCD when it comes to beatgridding and don't want to rely on just being "close enough".. Do any of you have any tips for this? Thanks!

Tech Wizard

Also, if I already own Traktor 2 Pro, is there any reason why I shouldn't just continue using this for things like beatgridding, etc, instead of rekordbox? Thanks!

Tech Guru

Full zoom on my Rekordbox looks more than good enough for setting a grid. You can't use Traktor's grids in Rekordbox but you can use the CDJs in HID mode with Traktor.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

I fully agree with you lip5016, beat gridding in rekord box feels less accurate than traktor.
    If you're on a mac, then I recommend that you look at rekord buddy, a genius little app that can automatically sync your playlists and all your beat grid info and cues from traktor into rekordbox. With a few clicks you can perfectly mirror both collections.
    This will allow you to continue to beat grid in traktor for quicker & more accurate workflow and have all the data available to you in rekordbox. It costs £3 in the App Store and version 1.5 is imminent which promises even better integration between the two apps.
    It's a no brainier.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You can't use Traktor's grids in Rekordbox
    You can! See my 'rekord buddy' post...