VCI 400 Remix Decks Mapping?

Default VCI 400 Remix Decks Mapping?

So, since Traktor 2.6.2 rolled out, I have been scouring the internet looking for a mapping. Viper who has an AMAZING mapping for the VCI 400, has apparently sold his, and will no longer be doing anything with this controller. So anyone out there have a chance to work this out? I tried doing it myself but have not had too much luck with accomplishing what I was trying. Thanks for any help!

~Darkpsyde

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by flpanhandler View Post
    So, since Traktor 2.6.2 rolled out, I have been scouring the internet looking for a mapping. Viper who has an AMAZING mapping for the VCI 400, has apparently sold his, and will no longer be doing anything with this controller. So anyone out there have a chance to work this out? I tried doing it myself but have not had too much luck with accomplishing what I was trying. Thanks for any help!

~Darkpsyde

Ok so the forum just ate my post about this. To sum it up, I'm in the same boat. Spent all weekend trying to find a mapping or modify one to work for my new vci-400. I can't find a single mapping that isn't bugged and broken with the newest version of traktor.

I would kill for a mapping like vipers that functions.

I'm no noob to midi mapping in other software, but failed completely trying to fix any of these mappings. It's a shame too because they look so awesome but right now I can't even use half the functions of my new controller because of no good mappings.

BTW, how do you turn on jog effects with vipers? The pdf is very unclear but I get the impression it's the toggle switch on the front of each deck, which for me just changes decks B&D to deck/remix deck/live input. Not sure if that's another bug or if there's a different way to switch on and off jog effects.

Tech Wizard

In fact if anyone has any mappings that work for the vci. They don't even need a bunch of bells and whistles, just the basic functions working please help a lost guy out. There has to be people out there still using this controller who have it working.

BTW, the official mapping from vestax doesnt count, lol. It has 4 cue clear buttons! really? and the entire bottom 12 buttons are for cue and wtf censor? hahah. so awful.

Hi, Iīm back to the VCI-400.
    New mapping with 4 Pad- Modes is out at Traktorbible. Works with Traktor 2.64
    Itīs ONLY for the new Firmware 2.03 (needed for Serato DJ) Jog FX-Special is no longer supported cause its to difficult and you lost some Function on Deck C+D.
    Sample Deck Support is Basic with 2 Add onīs. But not mapped for all cells.

Greets
    Viper
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by viper9711 View Post
    Hi, Iīm back to the VCI-400.
    New mapping with 4 Pad- Modes is out at Traktorbible. Works with Traktor 2.64
    Itīs ONLY for the new Firmware 2.03 (needed for Serato DJ) Jog FX-Special is no longer supported cause its to difficult and you lost some Function on Deck C+D.
    Sample Deck Support is Basic with 2 Add onīs. But not mapped for all cells.

Greets
    Viper
    That's awesome news. thanks. Your mappings are what I've been trying to pick apart to learn how to map in traktor.

Tech Wizard

Quick question on that. You said it's only for the new firmware 2.03. Vestax says this firmware won't work with any program other than serato. Did you have to do anything special with your mapping due to this? I'd like to not have to reflash firmware back and forth when working on my own mappings and just leave it upgraded to 2.03.