Cheap speakers for mobile party gigs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cheap speakers for mobile party gigs

I do a bit of mobile djing (im 17) and do local parties (16ths and 18ths), and have just been throwing speakers together and a strobe and a laser. I am thinking of buying this

But i was wondering if anyone has suggestions for good speakers under 300 or 400 AUD?

Thanks Heaps,
    Spark Bros
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

bump
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

*Just marking this for later. When i get some time i'll right a proper reply. (Tonight)

Just a quick question how many people are you hoping to play for with the system??

Have you looked into buying a set of stands?? In my experience stands improve the sound of the speakers (Compare to them just sitting on the ground). Stands also increase the 'throw' of the speaker.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

i would say some 12 or 15" behringers
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    i'll right a proper reply.
    i think i see wut u did thar.

unless thats a typolololol
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    *Just marking this for later. When i get some time i'll right a proper reply. (Tonight)

Just a quick question how many people are you hoping to play for with the system??

Have you looked into buying a set of stands?? In my experience stands improve the sound of the speakers (Compare to them just sitting on the ground). Stands also increase the 'throw' of the speaker.

Well, in a house with say a max of 200 or 250. They may get a few bigger gigs (at community halls etc) but shouldnt be too much of an issue, and i need to save as much $$$ as i can.

I have some speaker stands, which i currently use for lighting :/ but im sure i can work something out in that regard.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Mentor

i have no idea about AUD, but I recommend Mackie for inexpensive, rugged active PA speakers.

active 15" in an abs body, so the 15" version of the ones you posted would be fine,
    try to buy one buy right, 15's will be able to put out bass and most modern music is bass heavy so 12"s wont do you justice, they're fine for solo acoustic singer song writer types but a dj needs full range reproduction.

maybe consider buying a single mackie th15a and running your gig in mono, most clubs run mono so its not the deal breaker it sounds like. then as cash becomes available, buy a second. JBL eon 15's might also be worth a look and as said above, behringer now have a speaker in this spec, as do many brands.

Also a good speaker stand so that your PA is just above head height will help the sound travel, as people (The feckers!) are just big sound absorbers, if your speaker is above head height, the sound can travel straight to their ears without passing through their bodies first.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    i would say some 12 or 15" behringers
    I was going to recommend 15" Behringers as well. Especially if your playing for 100+ people.
    Even though currently im using a JBL rig, im not even going to recommend JBL due to the fact their extremely expensive.

I have used the models below for countless gigs. Their great, nice sound out of them and their cheap.

- http://www.thomann.de/ie/behringer_eurolive_b215d.htm

Their a bit out of your price range though. But i highly recommend Behringer mainly because i was able to source cheap parts for them. Such as drivers and tweeters.
    I also like these particular speakers because i had a set of Behringer bass bins that i was able to crossover and use for larger crowds.

The only reason i sold mine was because the JBLs are lighter and have more power. But the Behringers never let me down.

Heres the smaller 12inch version same specs really as the speakers in your original post.

- http://www.thomann.de/ie/behringer_eurolive_b212d.htm

Overall i would save up the dollars and go for a pair of 15inch speakers over a set of 12's no matter what brand you do decide to go for.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    i think i see wut u did thar.

unless thats a typolololol
    Ya that was a typo
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast