Virtual DJ VS Tractor Pro - Why not ?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Virtual DJ VS Tractor Pro - Why not ?

I trully don't understand why everybody seems to ignore VDJ?
    I have been looking for an answer of this question for 2 days and hope somebody more pro will explain in details.
    Some say Tractor PRO Is more stable program, but is this is the only reason?

The only thing I noticed with VDJ is that when change the pitich it sound unnatural like if the track always changes its speed and it is not stable. I think with traktor pro it is not like that , but correct me if I am wrong.

I have tried both and feel more fun using VDJ so the question is why would I change to Tractor PRO and why the PRO dj's seems to prefer it?

Tech Mentor

Stability, better fx implementation/selection, and eq that actually sounds good. The only things vdj has going for it (yes I've used it before) is video mixing, built in key detection, and ability to work with different timecode signals. I think part of it might be vdj has a reputation of only being used by torrent wielding nubs, and tsp is more of a professional product. idk though, really it's not what you use, it's what it sounds like.

I use VDJ. Only thing where TP is better is the FX. No doubt about it. And the beatgridding/sync. Other than that VDJ is a worthy competition. The last crash i had with vdj was back in 5.0.1. Now its 6.0.5 and stable as hell. I do video and audio, use the sampler, fast cue-triggering and scratches are no problemo too.

When Vdj did the jump from 5.x to 6.x they added a ne EQ-engine. I saw tests that where made by traktor and VDJ users were VDJ and TP where compared. Test about output capacity, DB and so on. VDJ and TP where almost equal. TP is only 0.5 DB louder.

VDJ has just got a bad reputition. But most thing are not true whatsoever.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Convert

Just tested the EQ on both and it seems vdj acts well on high and low but middle is crap.
    Traktor acts well in high and middle but low is just not right . when you increase the low it somehow suppresses the middle frequences.

the effects is personal preferences and I personnaly don't find Tractor pro better on this part.

I don't about betgrids , but haven't seen anther software that combines both wave forms and detecets the peaks so well.

Has anybody noticed the sound problem with vdj when you change the pitch?

Tech Wizard

I loved VDJ, Its what got me into digital DJing. Yes through a torrent but i used it for over a year an loved it. I decided to buy a software and after seeing some stuff on this site i decided to purchase TP. It was good and bad at first. I've been using for about a year now and really like it. I always missed VDJ. True story I reinstalled it this morning and used it for an hour. Then uninstalled and went back to using traktor. I guess it is a thing that if you are used to one program you will prefer it. Like all my friends run SSL and love it. I show them how TP does so much more but non of them will switch.

I do miss the corny beatgrid effect on VDJ though LOL

Oh yeah and i loved how the wave form of each track overlaped each other. that helped me a lot.

I tried out Virtual Dj for the first tim yesterday after playing around with Traktor for a coupple months. It's obviously not up to par with Traktor but imo it's the best alternative out there that I have tried.

I have VDJ 5.0 Beta that I "borrowed" of a "certain" site!

Only thing I like about it more than Traktor is the gimmicky spinning vinyl and how the needle actually moves closer to the centre of the record as song progresses!

Traktor is the shit IMO!
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

VDJ got rid of the corny spinning vinyl and replaced it with something between a cdj and how ssl looks.

VDJ hasnt improved most FX since 2.6 . Everytime i see y´all use TP´s FX i am jealous that vdj cant do so too.

Beatgrid-fx ftw.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Wizard

It seems to me that VDJ is growing in reputation. My cousin had it...5, 6 years ago? I don't remember much, but I've been hearing more about it lately.

Competition is a wonderful thing

True that Foxfire, Pushes company's to better the other, WE WIN!

VDJ would be better for windows and Traktor better on mac? Cause VDJ is alot more open source customizable, etc like windows is?
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast