fell in love with my controller again
    Tech Mentor

Default fell in love with my controller again

so i was focused on selling my padkontrol, but after spending a couple of hours on mapping it, i have completely rethought it. and am loving the potential of mappings.

Tech Mentor

just got one myself. i love the pad feel, its solid!

sold my APC40 to buy this thing! picked up a Remote Zero SL with the extra money
    ~2 X Gemini XL 500II~ I ~Vestax PMC-05 PROII~ I ~Audio 4 DJ~ I ~Traktor Scratch Pro 2~

nice controller that and going pretty cheap these days. i could do with a 4x4 drum controller and not many options that have backlit pads. i was thinking about a quneo the other day but a padkontrol would do the job and probably be better for what i want + cheaper.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

sorry to go a little off topic, but speaking of pads with leds, is the the new mpc renaissance out yet? it was shown at NAMM which in the controller world was a lifetime ago... companies need to start teasing closer to the release date before the excitement wear's off me thinks...
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

so very true...
    ive almost forgotten all the promises from NAMM...
    ~2 X Gemini XL 500II~ I ~Vestax PMC-05 PROII~ I ~Audio 4 DJ~ I ~Traktor Scratch Pro 2~

Tech Wizard

i just got a padkontrol as well. the padkontrol is awesome for its pads, options like setting scales and saving scenes, and the xy pad. i wish it had the knobs, sliders, and build quality of the mpd though. but the mpd pads just dont do it for me. even when modded the mpd pads are nowhere near the sensitivity of the padkontrols. and the padkontrols i can barely hit the edge of the pads and they still trigger fine...
    15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE

mpd pads are terrible once they get some sweat in them... after about 6 months some of my most used pads were very flimsy to the point where you could feel the switch in the middle... once I upgraded to corx and phat pads it was good again... they were sensitive but not too much that they misfire.

But the korg definately looks like the better investment for djing as you get led feedback, but im not convinced of it's ability to drum in a DAW over the upgraded akai mpd series
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    mpd pads are terrible once they get some sweat in them... after about 6 months some of my most used pads were very flimsy to the point where you could feel the switch in the middle... once I upgraded to corx and phat pads it was good again... they were sensitive but not too much that they misfire.

But the korg definately looks like the better investment for djing as you get led feedback, but im not convinced of it's ability to drum in a DAW over the upgraded akai mpd series
    idk man my korg padkontrol is more sensitive than my friends mpd with fat pads. even with the fat pads they dont like to be hit on the sides as much. i dont like to tap hard when finger drumming so maybe its just me but the pk's are definately more sensitive even that a modded mpk. in fact the pk's are more sensitive than my friends maschine as well. not sure if he had the sensitivity settings turned down or what but...

i like mpd's but i like how you can map scales on the padkontrol...its nice to play it like a keyboard. a padkontrol with a nanokontrpl is a nice ass setup for djing and producing. im in the thought process of building a wooden enclosure to go around my pk and nanokontrol.
    15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE

thinking about it... what are the options for a pad controller that has velocity sensitive pads with led feedback? i can only think of padkontrol, lpd8, icon istage, maschine or quneo?

a homebrew controller using 2 lpd8's wouldn't be bad, maybe somehow removing the pots.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    thinking about it... what are the options for a pad controller that has velocity sensitive pads with led feedback? i can only think of padkontrol, lpd8, icon istage, maschine or quneo?

a homebrew controller using 2 lpd8's wouldn't be bad, maybe somehow removing the pots.
    could do that. i happen to think a padkontrol and a nanokontrol is a great combo for djing and production. like i said before i plan on building a wodden enclosure type thing that holds the padkontrol and the nanokontrol below it. show be pretty cool.