A&H Xone 4D not initially detected in windows 8.1 each session. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djrickdawson View Post
    same problems with my tower (amd 64 3500) as well as my laptop. (intel core i7)

once I do get the mixer recognised, I can hot swap my mixer between both no problems.
    It really looks like your mixer being at fault if its behaving the same on multiple computers. I did a google search, and cant really find that many similar problems to yours, which might point towards a driver issue rather than hardware. There is talk of some beta drivers fixing some issues, but youll need to contact A&H for that.

The upshot is, that this isnt a Traktor problem, so youre likely going to have to raise a support ticket with A&H, or take it back to the shop and try another one.

Tech Mentor

I've owned the 4D since December 2008, so it has had a good life with me.

I already have a support ticket open with A&H.

3 business days to respond. so latest for a reply should be on wednesday.

Tech Mentor

ok... so the case can be cool, but it remains undetected till the electronics probably warm up (about 10 mins roughly) and the case is still cool.

I have just put it on and had analogue audio from my tower (when listening to others sets) and about 10 mins later I put the laptop on and it was detected...

so it's a hardware issue.

In the ticket I've had with Allen&Heath, they concluded to put it in for service.

I will be taking it on Monday for service.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djrickdawson View Post
    ok... so the case can be cool, but it remains undetected till the electronics probably warm up (about 10 mins roughly) and the case is still cool.

I have just put it on and had analogue audio from my tower (when listening to others sets) and about 10 mins later I put the laptop on and it was detected...

so it's a hardware issue.

In the ticket I've had with Allen&Heath, they concluded to put it in for service.

I will be taking it on Monday for service.
    youre welcome

I have exactly the same problem with my Xone 4D. Have you managed to fix this issue?

Burn 8.1 in fire and get windows 10.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Its on win10. I tried several laptops, win 7, 8, 10. The Xone has the most recent drivers and FW. The same issue always: the Xone can't be recognised until it warms up, after that it works fine.
    It didn't bother me too much so far but if there is an obvious fix for the problem I would fix it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    lol no. I hate windows 10. Cortana can go sit in a corner.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
    I have exactly the same problem with my Xone 4D. Have you managed to fix this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    usb port on the mixer!
    probably a bad solder point
    since the OP didn't bother to inform us after he had the mixer serviced what was the issue, my previous guess stands. At least, is something that makes most sense since the usb port the mixer gets under stress from un/plugging the cable.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

You might be lucky and have a loose connector inside.

If you are competent at such things, like wot I am, I'd open it up and check all the connections are seated firmly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123