Why I hate EDM... - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Abide View Post
    a genre which started the idea of a DJ.
    I'm pretty sure djing first started for disco's bro, then house put the focus on the DJ as an artist, hip hop made the turntable into an instrument as part of an ensemble... I would say Dance music is more closely related to the former than the latter. Controllerism is more akin to hip hop djing, but it pretty much sucks musically... You really shouldn't have named this thread with a title people are so passionate about LOL
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I did a DJ competition last night (won BTW) All the other DJ's played EDM

I played breaks & scratched the whole time & towards the end played old school EDM, EDM breaks, Clear, Hashim - Al-Naafiysh ,Africa Bambaataa the crowd went fucking nuts. Had so much fun.

I guess what I'm getting at is do your thing & enjoy doing it.

Also your favorite band sucks (in good humor)
    Last edited by teambama; 07-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Yeah you're probably right. Can we get a title name change up in here? I'll settle for "Hip-Hop's not dead"
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

This isn't a EDM site! You can't delete me for talking about a genre which started the idea of a DJ.
    If you wanted to share music, why not start a thread about doing that instead of trying to make people mad?
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    I did a DJ competition last night (won BTW) All the other DJ's played EDM

I played breaks & scratched the whole time & towards the end played old school EDM, EDM breaks, Clear, Hashim - Al-Naafiysh ,Africa Bambaataa the crowd went fucking nuts. Had so much fun.
    That's what's up! I've been considering getting something like this together in hopes I too would shit all over the 10 other Tweens whom will surely all play the same 5 songs.
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub

Banned

Yeah you're probably right. Can we get a title name change up in here? I'll settle for "Hip-Hop's not dead"
    You really ought to just ask for it to be deleted, and start over, because the shit you've said in the thread is actually more inflammatory than its name, by virtue of being so massively full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Why has DJTT the same smilies as msn ???? No relalay I 'd like to knwo

then another thning if you make hip hiop in a DAW then it is EDM iisn't it ? right ?

'Cuz that REAL Hip-Hop is too damn nice!!!

I know you're being sarcastic, but "Das Racist" seems to be pretty big in the Indie Hip Hop scene. I don't listen to them personally, but I've heard a lot about them and the elitist hipsters seem to really like them.
    Last edited by tokenasianguy; 07-27-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic, but "Das Racist" seems to be pretty big in the Indie Hip Hop scene. I don't listen to them personally, but I've heard a lot about them and the elitist hipsters seem to really like them.
    Sarcastic nothing, this track is the shit!!! I've been sleeping on a lot of Indie/Underground Hip-Hop since I've been gigging regular and these tweens in the bar make me hate music so damn bad I almost don't touch my kit unless I'm working. Luckily a buddy of mine sent me a few things and lit the fire for me to explore some newer stuff.

Sarcastic nothing, this track is the shit!!! I've been sleeping on a lot of Indie/Underground Hip-Hop since I've been gigging regular and these tweens in the bar make me hate music so damn bad I almost don't touch my kit unless I'm working. Luckily a buddy of mine sent me a few things and lit the fire for me to explore some newer stuff.
    Same here. DJ'ing has turned into a "business" for me, so I almost never buy music for myself. I grew up on hip hop, but lost touch with it when I got into EDM and the late 90's rave scene...However, some recent artists have recently re-ignited my love for hip hop, like Childish Gambino, and Frank Ocean.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast