VCI-100 only for bedroom DJ's?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question VCI-100 only for bedroom DJ's?

What do you think about DJTT pitching the VCI as the tool for bedroom DJ's in the new store layout?
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

meh, makes sense in a way... cheaper (just) than S4 and is a little less pro (if we're honest)

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

ok, we can say it's semi-PRO...

VCI is boss, it's just not mainstream. It's like the argument of TTs vs CDJs vs Digital. Use what fits you best and pray that club owners aren't prejudice.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I have no inside knowledge on any of the DJTT store workings, but maybe since the VCI they're selling isn't even being made anymore they've decided not to focus so much attention on it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I have no inside knowledge on any of the DJTT store workings, but maybe since the VCI they're selling isn't even being made anymore they've decided not to focus so much attention on it.
    was in back of my mind...

SoundCloud

apart from the fact it's the main category on the landing page thus giving it maximum exposure *shrugs*

I just don't think it's very techtools to label something "bedroom". It just goes against the ethos a bit. Ean was rocking oxygen 8s and modding controllers in clubs from day 1. At the end of the day that was the tech tools vibe.

Ok now they are going with midifighters as the USP, I get that...

I would have labelled the VCI as "Classic TechTools Gear" or something like that.

Bedroom is just a bit of a naff label for something so cool.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I just don't think it's very techtools to label something "bedroom". It just goes against the ethos a bit. Ean was rocking oxygen 8s and modding controllers in clubs from day 1. At the end of the day that was the tech tools vibe.

Ok now they are going with midifighters as the USP, I get that...

I would have labelled the VCI as "Classic TechTools Gear" or something like that.

Bedroom is just a bit of a naff label for something so cool.
    It seems an odd move to me, given the weight DJTT now carries and its historic roots with this controller, it does feel like the VCI's status has been somewhat downgraded by this move, possibly for commercial reasons who knows. But imo most DJ's don't aspire to rock a bedroom surely.
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

They should just drop that category all together in fact.

Stick the VCI-100 in the controllerist section but bury it if they are fazing it out.

Bedroom DJ is just such a naff category and is degrading to the whole brand IMO.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

just another way of saying 'beginner' innit? just a generalised experience band at end of the day

SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast