Traktor 2.5 grid markers ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 2.5 grid markers ?

What happened to beat grid markers in Traktor 2.5.x ? The metronome clicks at the correct beats but the grid is.. not a grid any more. Is there a way to revert to pre 2.5 behavior aka a grid marker on every metronome hit? The beat never drifts on this track but somehow traktor is confused. This used to happen in older versions but I would be able to "unconfuse" traktor and set the grid manually with either tap or the grid controls which now seem to do nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Am I missing something? Because that's how the grid looks before you've placed any beat markers. as soon you mark a beat it reverts to normal.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Not missing anything. I never bothered to do it before. I woul just roll with whatever Traktor put in and adjust the phase. Seems 2.5 is a bit different. Thanks

+1 ^ set a grid marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
    Not missing anything. I never bothered to do it before. I woul just roll with whatever Traktor put in and adjust the phase. Seems 2.5 is a bit different. Thanks
    check around in the settings if that's what its defaulting to, because I use 2.5.1 and the only time it looks like that for me is when I've intentionally cleared the beat grid.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Damn, I'm too anal about my grids to let Traktor just set them itself. Maybe check your options to see if you have grid auto set disabled?
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

I could be wrong, but I think that's the "grid" you get when you don't have a grid present.

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    Damn, I'm too anal about my grids to let Traktor just set them itself. Maybe check your options to see if you have grid auto set disabled?
    Coming from vinyl, beat grids are more of a luxury than a necessity. If it doesnt work out I just fall back on matching by ear. Thing is I'm starting to get into remix decks and having the markers in the right place is big help there.

Anyhow dropping the 1st grid marker sorts everything out so I'm good. Probably coulda figured that out by RTFM

Also any effect that relies on the beat needs the beatgrid set right. If the grid is of you delay beathmasser slicer and such are also going to be of
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

As was said before, make sure you have auto-set beatgrid ticked in preferences.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast