Help!!! Bended time coded vinyl!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Help!!! Bended time coded vinyl!

Can anyone help suggest how do i straighten my traktor scratch timecoded vinyl !!!

Tech Mentor

Not much chance of fixing a warped record... you'll need to buy new ones.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

back in the day i would take a SLIGHTLY bent record ( not one with ripples in it) and put it in the sleeve and lay it in direct sunlight for 15 mins or so, then take it out of the sun and place like 4 records on it ( to enforce the straight shape)and then a crate or flight case on top to press things back flat.

i have had varied success with this method , as it is more of an art than a science, but i always consoled myself with the knowledge that the record is already ruined.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    back in the day i would take a SLIGHTLY bent record ( not one with ripples in it) and put it in the sleeve and lay it in direct sunlight for 15 mins or so, then take it out of the sun and place like 4 records on it ( to enforce the straight shape)and then a crate or flight case on top to press things back flat.

i have had varied success with this method , as it is more of an art than a science, but i always consoled myself with the knowledge that the record is already ruined.
    I've heard of some people being successful using that method, but putting the vinyl between 2 pieces of glass. Not sure if it's worth trying, or not... but like you said, it's already ruined.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Mentor

Sandwiched lightly between 2 sheets of glass in a warm place then left to cool between the glass works if it's not too badly warped

but make sure youīll do it slowly. donīt use forced heat. donīt let the sun shine straigt on the plates, also donīt put it on a heater. just a normal room and let it be there for at least 2-4 days
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

a hair dryer will heat the vinyl up, then try and put it between the panes of glass. good luck tho. prolly better off buying new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    they're cheap enough.. just replace them!!
    +1
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    they're cheap enough.. just replace them!!
    ^This +11000211 ITS OVER 9000!!!
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast