Getting files from PC to Mac
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Getting files from PC to Mac

So just got my new Macbook Air, now I transfered the music folders (sorted by genre) to the Mac, but it seems I need to analyse all the tracks in order to have the small waveform (the one that shows all the markers) showing....

Is there a way to transfer tracks without having to re-analyse them all?

Thanks.

PS: I'm talking about Traktor
    Last edited by Daniboy; 12-25-2014 at 05:14 PM.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

I assume youre talking about Traktor if so cant you just export from Windows then Import on the Mac. I would guess you need to set up your music folders on the Mac so Traktor can find them when needed. Thats how I think it should work maybe Im wrong though.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    I assume youre talking about Traktor if so cant you just export from Windows then Import on the Mac. I would guess you need to set up your music folders on the Mac so Traktor can find them when needed. Thats how I think it should work maybe Im wrong though.
    Yes, I'm talking about Traktor sorry. It's working perfectly, but when I load a track on a deck it has to be analysed first, and that will happen to every single track.
    I know I can just check consistency and analyse the tracks that are remaining, but I want to use both computers, I already have a sorting process working on PC and don't want to suddenly change it to the Mac.
    I will keep getting tracks from PC to Mac, and I want to know if there is a way of making them "already analysed", I don't know....

When I make a new folder on PC and use already-analysed-and-marked tracks I simply have to use "import to collection" on the folder, and they are ready to play. That doesn't happen when I get the tracks to a folder on the Macbook, I have to import to collection and then analyse all the tracks in order to have them perfectly ready.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

I had the same problem a few years back when I went from Windows to make. The best thing to do is export your whole playlists one by one. Make them so you can find them when you import them to your Mac. Make sure you do include the nml. file as well when you import. And you should see your music on your mac with BPM and cue's as well. But make sure you check the files when you drag them into your deck. Want to make sure the files are missing or corrupted. I hate when that happens...
    Pioneer DDJ-SZ / MacBook Pro 15" & Mac Mini 2011 / 2 Traktor F1 Kontrollers / Akai LPD8 / Electro Voice ELX 115 & Mackie SRM 1801 / KRK Rokit 6" / Traktor Pro 2 / Dre Beats Studio
    http://soundcloud.com/dj-camo-3
    https://www.mixcloud.com/DeeJay-Camo/

Tech Guru

Thanks!

How do I export my whole playlists one by one? How do I turn a bunch of folders filled with music on my desktop into playlists?

Thanks again.

Tech Guru

Exporting and importing your collection is all covered in the Traktor manual.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Exporting and importing your collection is all covered in the Traktor manual.
    Thanks, I already understood the basics of playlists with the manual, but is there a way of creating and exporting a bunch of playlists at once? Or do I always need to create one at a time and export one at a time?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Thanks, I already understood the basics of playlists with the manual, but is there a way of creating and exporting a bunch of playlists at once? Or do I always need to create one at a time and export one at a time?
    I said collection, not playlists.

Tech Guru

So it seems that if I make a big folder with all the genre folders inside and add the collection.nml file to this big folder I will be able to have all the tracks working perfecly on the Mac right?

I have a question, how often this collection.nml file gets updated on the Native Instruments folder? Can I force it to update before copying it and pasting on the "big folder filled with genre folders"?

Thanks.

if you copy the collection.nml file from your PC to the Mac that should wrk. Although I'm pretty sure that even though it will recognise your beatgrids and cue point, it ill still perform a basic analysis to display the full waveform in the stripe view.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast