Just starting out ! :D need big help.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just starting out ! :D need big help.....

So i have been using Traktor for about 3 months now but i have only been able to use it on my macbook pro with no controller or anything, so as you can tell i have been pretty limited in what i can do. me and a friend have been asked to "DJ" at this school Halloween party thing and i really want to get some good starter gear to go with traktor like a good mixer and stuff but i have no idea where to start and what to look for or what is good?! this is why i need your help any suggestions or recomendations you guys could give me would be a great help!

Tech Mentor

You accepted a gig without having any gear, or any actual experience? :-/

What's your budget look like?

Are you willing to do some mapping or tweaking configs or want a turn-key solution?
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

get the Traktor S4. have fun.

if your friend is going to use it too. have him pay half.

it's the easiest "plug and play" controller. And it's a great controller.

>
    Last edited by loverocket; 09-21-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.0 View Post

everyones gotta start somewhere. If he is familiar with Traktor on a laptop (no gear) it's going to be easier once he plugs in a controller.

>

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    everyones gotta start somewhere. If he is familiar with Traktor on a laptop (no gear) it's going to be easier once he plugs in a controller.

>

No doubt. I wasn't trying to be condescending, it's just not a position I'd want to put myself in.

this is why i said "dj" because i know it wont really be good or anything but its a place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    get the Traktor S4. have fun.

if your friend is going to use it too. have him pay half.

it's the easiest "plug and play" controller. And it's a great controller.

>
    Thanks man i will have a look, i saw the Pioneer ddj-t1 think its the same sorta idea of plug and play so i will take a look

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
    this is why i said "dj" because i know it wont really be good or anything but its a place to start.
    You'll get a ton of really valuable experience from it, even if the gig's awful. So again, what kind of price range are you looking at? You'll almost definitely be best off with an all-in-one midi controller. The S2's a great place to start, and it comes with a Traktor Pro license. You can get them new for $500 retail, or less with a discount code. (Musician's Friend is currently doing $50 off order $349 or more - $450's a steal for a controller of that quality)

You'll get a ton of really valuable experience from it, even if the gig's awful. So again, what kind of price range are you looking at? You'll almost definitely be best off with an all-in-one midi controller. The S2's a great place to start, and it comes with a Traktor Pro license. You can get them new for $500 retail, or less with a discount code. (Musician's Friend is currently doing $50 off order $349 or more - $450's a steal for a controller of that quality)
    i have could have like $1500 to spend if i needed it but would rather not spend that much haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast