Pioneer CDJ-100's play burned CD's?

Default Pioneer CDJ-100's play burned CD's?

So I just inherited a CDJ-100 with the CDM-300 mixer and was pretty psyched to have a cd player that wasn't a laptop. I popped a DnB CD (burned) into the cd player was bout to play it but it spat it right back out... I tried a few times with another CD brand but it wouldn't work.

Does this mean I would have to ... ehm ... buy ... CD's ... if I wanted to use this player??? Or does anyone have a good CD brand to suggest to use with the CDJ-100

peeeace

Tech Wizard

Was it an mp3 CD? Cause these players don't support mp3 playback. Anything else means that its CD drive might require servicing/replacement...
    d{-.-}b

^this. they only play CDs burned as audio CD.

So the CD's were burned as audio cd's not data etc.

I think the problem is that they were CD-RW's... even though they were burned permanently (not as an open project to be edited later etc), they still wouldn't work. I'll try some CDR's lata...

I had this problem with a CDJ1000, it just wasnt reading any CD's and they were being ejected straight away, once the laser was replaced it worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Yeah I really regret getting 1200s; they're obsolete.
    --said no one ever

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Terpit View Post
    I had this problem with a CDJ1000, it just wasnt reading any CD's and they were being ejected straight away, once the laser was replaced it worked fine.
    This.

OP: you were given the CDJ cause it was broken..unless you were trying to play a MP3 CD