deck c & d controller
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default deck c & d controller

so i have the S2 and a midi fighter because I enjoy to do different effects during each song and at the moment really will have 1 song at a time with the other deck to transition and stuff. i want to branch out and use four decks though and use decks C & D to play a minimal house loop in the background behind my electro/house tracks to mess around with further with beats and such i was wondering what controller would best suit me to do this? a launchpad? an x1? and a mapping would be helpful too haha
    Current Gear/Setup: Traktor Kontrol S2, Midi Fighter Classic, Sony MDR-V700 Headphones, Odyssey FZGSTKS2M Traktor Kontrol S2 Glide Case, Razor Orochi Mouse, ASUS U43J 14-Inch Laptop

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Personally I would go for a Xone K2, both NI X1 and F1 would do a nice job too, depending on your workflow.

A NanoKontrol would be perfect for what you need I'd say

Tech Guru

i run a s2 with a kontrol x1 mapped to control track decks c and d with volume and eq controls mapped to the upper knobs.

X1 would be your safest bet for now. You can get a decent used deal on the forums and try it out without breaking the bank. It also looks good beside the S2. K2 doesn't look like a bad option, but it will set you back almost double the price of the X1.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

The X1 is the best man when I use the cdjs or turntables the best thing i have used to control C & B is an X1 simple and with 6 extra FX

Tech Mentor

I currently use an x1 for decks C and D. I custom mapped it to match my workflow and I have had no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    i run a s2 with a kontrol x1 mapped to control track decks c and d with volume and eq controls mapped to the upper knobs.
    Hi is it possible to get the mapping for this anywhere? I am very interested in exactly in this issue! I also want to use my s2 with a (net yet bought) X1 for 4 Deck Mixing. Not using too much FX's in the Set but 4 complete Decks. And another very important (an not understanding) question is: "is the Use of the upper knobs for Volume Deck C+D enough to have full Control within a Live set?"

sorry my bad english... German ..

thx in advance

Ramirez Son

PS: Wanted to write personal message but didnt know how here in the forum!

Banned

Really, in my experience, mixing four decks on a controller with a two deck mixer should just not be done.
    I've tried it, and the flow is just not right. It would be fine with rotary encoders, but using software layers for things you use as often as EQ and volume is just a terrible idea.

If whatever controller you decide to use has enough controls that you could map the mixer functions onto it, that would be fine, but something like an X1 is a bad idea for this IMO. Besides the mixing issue, even if you plan on always using sync so you don't need nudge controls, you really need some control that you can use for tempo.

Check out the Xone K2. It's got enough controls that you could do deck controls, tempo controls and mixer controls on the same unit.
    If you want to be able to actually beatmatch on decks C+D, check out the Behringer PL-1. There are enough knobs on there that you could put your mixer controls on it.

Tech Mentor

Even though i use x1s, i would go for a xone k2 in this case. if you dont have eqs and faders on your mixer for decks c and d which you need it just cannot be done properly with an x1.
    on the xone k2, you can map two of the faders for volume controls, two rows of the knobs for eqs (with kill buttons) and gain, two for fx (faders maybe for dry/wet) and use the pads below for transport controls like play/pause/cuepoints/loops. thats how i would do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast