DJM 700 over the 800 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    i forgot to mention the annoying 4 band eq, which actualy slows down my mixing
    Completely agree, man. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow View Post
    Completely agree, man. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I guess xone is out of this battle , that was easy
    Denon DN-X1600.Traktor X1.Macbook.http://soundcloud.com/jaskotech

Tech Mentor

ill stick to my original answer as the 700... if its just for home and smaller bar gigs its more than enough and you will haveno problem playing on a 900 or 2000 nexsus at the big clubs!
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Quote Originally Posted by tech2400 View Post
    I guess xone is out of this battle , that was easy
    Don't be so hasty. I've got a DJM 900 and an RMX-1000 and I've been thinking about trading in the 900 for a xone 92 - it's more about which mixer is right for _you_ than which mixer is "right".

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Don't be so hasty. I've got a DJM 900 and an RMX-1000 and I've been thinking about trading in the 900 for a xone 92 - it's more about which mixer is right for _you_ than which mixer is "right".
    I've been using the djm 800 I'm the club , and I do like to use the mixer to its fullest. I like the effect and filters that it has , but I have to admit they do sound cheesy , I can't speak for the xone , but I from what I read , it has best sound output and and filters beyond control

Quote Originally Posted by tech2400 View Post
    I've been using the djm 800 I'm the club , and I do like to use the mixer to its fullest. I like the effect and filters that it has , but I have to admit they do sound cheesy , I can't speak for the xone , but I from what I read , it has best sound output and and filters beyond control
    My issue is that the 900 is largely redundant with the RMX. If I could use the 900 effects on top of the RMX while still using send/return routing instead of routing the master through the RMX, I might be able to utilize both well; but as it stands, I mainly use the filters and EQs on the 900 - which the 92 would do better. I like the effects - they're not as good as most DAW effects, but they work well for DJ purposes - but the ones on-board on the 900 are a bit too inflexible for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    My issue is that the 900 is largely redundant with the RMX. If I could use the 900 effects on top of the RMX while still using send/return routing instead of routing the master through the RMX, I might be able to utilize both well; but as it stands, I mainly use the filters and EQs on the 900 - which the 92 would do better. I like the effects - they're not as good as most DAW effects, but they work well for DJ purposes - but the ones on-board on the 900 are a bit too inflexible for my tastes.
    I agree with you . I'm sure in some aspects or genre specific , it makes more sense to use filters and wider range of Eq's

after reading this thread it is quite disappointing that today's mixers are so weak. Pioneer sucks. A&H sucks. So glad I switched to software.

When there is no competition, Pioneer just continues to build overpriced shit.

It's really sad. You guys should stop buying this crap thinking that this overpriced garbage makes you a pro DJ.

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    after reading this thread it is quite disappointing that today's mixers are so weak. Pioneer sucks. A&H sucks. So glad I switched to software.

When there is no competition, Pioneer just continues to build overpriced shit.

It's really sad. You guys should stop buying this crap thinking that this overpriced garbage makes you a pro DJ.

>
    First, don't be a condescending prick like that. There's no need for it. I'm not in the mood for another one of these arguments though so I'll just write it off as you're in a bad mood or something so it's whatever.

Second, you're either trolling or you seem to misunderstand.

I want to _possibly_ go to the 92 to upgrade/sidegrade. I went to the 900 originally because the sound quality was quite lacking while internally mixing with my S4 (and APC 40 before that, VCI-100 before that... I didn't just go out and buy a DJM to be "pro," I mixed internally for years first). Denon and A&H are actually pretty decent competitors to Pio - they're not industry standard, but they make solid mixers; that's why I brought up possibly swapping to an A&H...? I don't think anyone in here said the mixers suck - they pointed out things that they didn't care for in the mixers. There is no such thing as a perfect mixer (or car, or TV, or any other consumer good for that matter); everything is going to have some aspect or another that some people like and some people don't. I actually quite like the 900, I just found that it's not quite as useful as it was before since I have an RMX now (which I didn't when I bought the 900).

</derail>

"sound quality was quite lacking"

I'm so sick of this crap. I've never had a problem with software sound quality. On Serato, Traktor, VDJ, Djay, etc.

Maybe you need to check your DJing/programming/track selection skills.

Why is the DDJ-SX so popular? ......... Cause it feels so "PIONEER"

I'm sick of this crap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast