Mixing Externally - 4 Decks! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

if you properly setup asio4all then use that as the asio driver, traktor should see the two soundcards as one.

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    if you properly setup asio4all then use that as the asio driver, traktor should see the two soundcards as one.

Let me get this right:

* I download Asio4All and install it
    * In TPRO I select Asio4all
    * TPRO will combine the 8 outs from my ESI quatafire and the out(s) from my internal onboard 7.1 card?

What about latency, 1 setting for both cards then?

And how many extra outs does an onboard surround card add?

This sounds very interesting, please explain a bit how this works or some link to info on this would be great!

Being able to do what you said would be awesome!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    MMM havenīt heard that before.

As mentioned below, what about latency issues, and sample rates. I assume you will need to equally set them so this can work right?

and Jo3: I mix with 4 decks on an external mixer using an m-audio audiphile (4 outs). I have all the output set to analog and splitted to connect to both rca input for each line on my mixer. I can tell you that i have played at clubs with this setup. IT IS NOT IDEAL
    Altough the sound system is set to analoge , still you can tell because you loose a lot of depth in the sound. And mixes seem more flat (like when you get a big dow of sounds when using a 128 kb/s Mp3). It is not terrible, as a matter of fact few people will notice.
    But now I changed to an audio 8 and the sound clearness and brightness is much better. I can hear much more depth and complete sounds.

I am not saying that the audio 8 is your option but it does have lots of good things ex: works excellent with Traktor, it is USB so you donīt have an extra worry (firewire is always more worrying when out of the studio), you donīt need a big ac adapter, and most important, very reliable
    Btm line, go for an 8 out if you are spinning 4 decks....

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SirComeAlot View Post
    Let me get this right:

* I download Asio4All and install it
    * In TPRO I select Asio4all
    * TPRO will combine the 8 outs from my ESI quatafire and the out(s) from my internal onboard 7.1 card?

What about latency, 1 setting for both cards then?

And how many extra outs does an onboard surround card add?

This sounds very interesting, please explain a bit how this works or some link to info on this would be great!

Being able to do what you said would be awesome!

Cheers
    using the asio4all driver in a 2 souncard setup will add latency esp. when one of the cards is an onboard with no native asio drivers. how much will depend on the system.

i think with that in mind, my opinion is that a setup like this is more of a workaround then a permanent or professional way to set to achieve the number of outs you need.

but it would go something like this:
    download and install asio4all. run it and in the settings you would need to select both cards and correctly select the routing.
    then you can load traktor, select asio4all and setup outs in traktor.

there is a forum on the asio4all that would be answer in more detail perhaps.

the most common use of the two card method is when people want to use a usb soundcard with only one stereo out and then want to setup their onboard card to cue.

give it a try, i can't hurt, good luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Very interesting, thanks for that mate!

I will try it out asap and report here...

Cheers

yeah let us know how it works for you.

Well I finally tried this out and istalled asio4all.

It worked, but I did get somehickups in the sound every now and again.

Tried some different stuff to fix it, but no go

I did however find a way to have 2 extra channels!

My audiocard (ESI quatafire) has 8 analog outs and an spdif stereo out. So I hooked up an old MD desk (spdif out going to MD spdif in) hit rec on the MD player and connect it's out to my mixer, and there's my preview channel!

WOOT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123