Here's a little hypothetical Q for all those people making request threads...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Here's a little hypothetical Q for all those people making request threads...

If you were the manager at a bar that has live country and blue grass bands playing, would you ask a speed metal band or a punk band to come play, or even allow them to play if they asked you to?

Or, what if you were a punk band who was desperate to play out, would you try and sell yourself as a "country band" to already stated bar in the hopes of getting a gig knowing full well you wouldn't be able to handle it and deliver on it? And what if you did get the green light to play, would you go ask a country band for some of their music so you could try to learn it in a week before your show and try and pass yourself off as a "country band"?

Just curious

Did i miss something?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    Did i miss something?
    this...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I think he referring to threads like when people asking for Top40 music when they arent really Top40 DJs.

Im a Polka DJ but ive been offered a gig playing Waltzs, can anyone recommend some good Waltz music.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I think he referring to threads like when people asking for Top40 music when they arent really Top40 DJs.

Im a Polka DJ but ive been offered a gig playing Waltzs, can anyone recommend some good Waltz music.

i think they locked the "deep house" thread for a reason...

I think if you're specific and you say 'I'm after some deep/techy/funky gabber that sounds like this, this and this, with the growling/mewling/bumping bassline', then you're fine. There's an equitable exchange going on because at least you're bringing some music to the table.

But if you're basically asking someone to do all your work for you, and you're unable to even describe what it is you're after, then you're taking the piss. And probably keeping a DJ that knows, lives & breathes the music you're meant to be playing out of a job.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    i think they locked the "deep house" thread for a reason...
    +1. No need to keep fueling the fire. As much as I agree that its silly for someone to take a job they're not prepared for, the subject seems to have fallen into the realm of all the other useless, repetitive arguements. Some folks seem to be happy to share their favorite tunes (the hip hop request thread turned out to be a gold mine) so there's not much sense fussing about it much like any of the other "help me" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    +1. No need to keep fueling the fire. As much as I agree that its silly for someone to take a job they're not prepared for, the subject seems to have fallen into the realm of all the other useless, repetitive arguements. Some folks seem to be happy to share their favorite tunes (the hip hop request thread turned out to be a gold mine) so there's not much sense fussing about it much like any of the other "help me" threads.
    so true....

ill have to check that hiphop request thread out sometime!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

We need a Polka mixtrain

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast