live streaming venue licence bypasses FB copyright laws: no more cutting feeds

Default live streaming venue licence bypasses FB copyright laws: no more cutting feeds

Hi, I would like to utilise the space I have with my club throughout the day, so I was hoping for some feedback.

I know Facebook etc keeps cutting peoples live feed due to possible copyright laws but if I were to open my venue in the day and allow DJ's & other artists to live stream from there they would be covered under the venues licence & look more professional.

Do you think this would be of interest to people as I noticed there are not many affordable streaming venues advertised?

I would appreciate any advice you could offer.

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1985rmr View Post
    Hi, I would like to utilise the space I have with my club throughout the day, so I was hoping for some feedback.

I know Facebook etc keeps cutting peoples live feed due to possible copyright laws but if I were to open my venue in the day and allow DJ's & other artists to live stream from there they would be covered under the venues licence & look more professional.

Do you think this would be of interest to people as I noticed there are not many affordable streaming venues advertised?

I would appreciate any advice you could offer.

Many Thanks
    Depending where you're based, I would imagine this could do well at the right price point. If you're in a university town, or a larger city, there would be plenty of younger people interested?

It might be worth looking at how much production studios rent out for. It would also be good if you provide all the equipment to do it.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Depending where you're based, I would imagine this could do well at the right price point. If you're in a university town, or a larger city, there would be plenty of younger people interested?

It might be worth looking at how much production studios rent out for. It would also be good if you provide all the equipment to do it.
    Thanks for your reply, I am based in SE London, I have know idea what people charge for studios etc or if its cheaper for them to live stream but I will look into it.
    As its a club the DJ booth is fully equipped etc and they would be able to use it if they don't have their own equipment , but I am not sure what they would need to live stream and how I would even go about getting the venue out there to them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1985rmr View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I am based in SE London, I have know idea what people charge for studios etc or if its cheaper for them to live stream but I will look into it.
    As its a club the DJ booth is fully equipped etc and they would be able to use it if they don't have their own equipment , but I am not sure what they would need to live stream and how I would even go about getting the venue out there to them.
    Then you will need to do some research. Even if you don't provide the tech to stream, you'll still need to have a decent internet connection, somewhere people can set up cameras, adequate lighting on the booth, etc.

It's a good idea, but pointless if you end up charging too much or don't offer what's needed. Looking up the cost of production studios isn't so much about whether they offer streaming, but rather to get an idea of the cost to rent out a space for music. Unlike night time events, you could probably rent by the hour.

Personally, I'd set this up as a proper second venture in the venue. Offer tiered services: from just giving hourly access to the booth, right up to offering to have everything set up for a livestream/recording, including somewhere online to do it (either something like chew.tv or your FB page. This will encourage people to use the space more, as your online presence will undoubtably have more reach than theirs, so streaming to yours as well as their own FB would be attractive.

You could even have day long genre-specific stream events, where DJs can rent a slot, bring friends along, and have a Boiler Room feel.

What venue is it, out of interest?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Then you will need to do some research. Even if you don't provide the tech to stream, you'll still need to have a decent internet connection, somewhere people can set up cameras, adequate lighting on the booth, etc.

It's a good idea, but pointless if you end up charging too much or don't offer what's needed. Looking up the cost of production studios isn't so much about whether they offer streaming, but rather to get an idea of the cost to rent out a space for music. Unlike night time events, you could probably rent by the hour.

Personally, I'd set this up as a proper second venture in the venue. Offer tiered services: from just giving hourly access to the booth, right up to offering to have everything set up for a livestream/recording, including somewhere online to do it (either something like chew.tv or your FB page. This will encourage people to use the space more, as your online presence will undoubtably have more reach than theirs, so streaming to yours as well as their own FB would be attractive.

You could even have day long genre-specific stream events, where DJs can rent a slot, bring friends along, and have a Boiler Room feel.

What venue is it, out of interest?
    The venue is closed through the day so I was just trying to find ways of generating revenue, it is Rumour bar & lounge.
    We have a huge live streaming media convention next month with some major artists coming to the club and it got me thinking that we could use the spare time and allow other artists etc to stream without interruption from the social media giants.
    The entire show from 10.00am - 2.00am will be live streamed, we have Damon Hess, Maff Boothroyd, Mark Radford & many more. We are having a "Boiler Room" session throughout the day with inspiring music industry speakers and then live music event in the evening.