Gotta love people on craigslist who just "want to come by and take a look"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gotta love people on craigslist who just "want to come by and take a look"

I'm not sure why people think this is acceptable, my home is not Guitar Center where you can just come and play with gear before you decide if you want to buy something. I've never once asked to come by and take a look at something someone was selling before I buy, if I want something I negotiate beforehand, bring cash, and buy it.

It's really a security thing, I'm not going to just let anyone into my apartment to come look at all my gear and where I live. I used to be a dick about it when people would ask me this but I think I handle it better now. A guy asked this a little while ago and my response was:

Alright cool, well if you're interested in buying them let me know and we can make arrangement but for security purposes I can't have people over just to look around.

If you need to see any more pictures or anything let me know.

-j
    Which is better than how I used to respond where I would go on long passive aggressive rants or straight up tell them to go fuck themselves.

Anyway, just felt like getting that out

Your still a C**T
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

sure you can come over, let me see the money 1st,
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Thats what your mum said

Tech Guru

I have been guilty of being prepared to buy off CL but, when I inspected the items, told the seller to f^$@ off.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Quote Originally Posted by djlotus View Post
    I have been guilty of being prepared to buy off CL but, when I inspected the items, told the seller to f^$@ off.
    Yeah well that's a little different than trying to go over there with no money just to look at the items and decide if you want to buy...

When I've bought second hand stuff, I'd always almost say "I'd come take a look", in most of the cases, I ended up buying the item, but I think the wording is to make clear that you might not buy it even if you meet up with the seller (for example if someone is trying to sell a broken product).
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Mentor

Might just be my inner customer service industry coming out, but I would have lied to them and told them someone else was coming before whenever they wanted to come over. They would then if seriously considering buying from you come earlier and came with money, knowing that there was another buyer they were competing with or they would have buggered off due to your house not being guitar center

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBass
    I would have lied to them and told them someone else was coming before whenever they wanted to come over. They would then if seriously considering buying from you come earlier and came with money, knowing that there was another buyer they were competing with
    That would work. Depends how comfortable you are with lying to stangers.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

when I saw the title of this I instantly thought inviting strangers to your man cave = home invasion... people have to earn that ability to enter and play with my gear, strangers can eef off
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast