Denon DN-X1700 not seen by new version of Traktor. Denon forums down or gone. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    Or it's just a revamped X7 and bares no internal similarity to the X1700 at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it's got more Rane-inspired stuff in it than old Denon. Regardless of whether it's pedigree is more PPD9000, X1700, or MP2015, it's going to sound better than a Pioneer.
    My observation is based on the features of both models, user adjustable options they both have and the simple fact that they are produced by the same company. I don't think anyone else would share your opinion about this being a revamped numark X7.

The X1700 matrix inputs I don't find particularly useful considering it's a four channel mixer and the digital inputs are not matrixed, anyway. I don't think I'd ever use a MIDI input on a mixer, but I certainly wish the the X1700's other features were still on the X1800. The firmware might get some of them added.
    No, not 5-pin MIDI input - recieve midi bpm through usb. That way, you can use DJ software, have mixers FX's synced to the track bpm (currently possible with previous Denon mixers) and add & sync external hardware through the existing 5-pin MIDI out port on the mixer.
    X1800 lacks midi in option because they designed it for SeratoDJ - that doesn't have the option to send track bpm via midi through usb. It's currently unknown will this mixer's FX's be synced to SDJ's bpm through some native communication protocol (SDJ sending Engine Link data?), we'll have to wait for SDJ certification in SDJ 2.0 version (currently in beta).

You have an X1800 or seen it do this overheat and freeze thing? That doesn't sound like a firmware problem to me.
    At least two users reported. Audio still plays, no control responds. A big no no in my book.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

The unit looks very similar to the X7, has many of the same functions, and I assume is produced by InMusic/Numark at their Taiwan factory, not by Denon of Japan, as the X1700 was. Alesis, Akai, M-Audio, Denon, and Rane are all InMusic/Numark now.

Well, MIDI over USB means potentially that's something they could add in the firmware later, right?

Do you have links to these problems, either on forums or posted videos? You'd be surprised how often this stuff actually doesn't get seen by the support and product managers. I could try to pass it along.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    My observation is based on the features of both models, user adjustable options they both have and the simple fact that they are produced by the same company. I don't think anyone else would share your opinion about this being a revamped numark X7.

No, not 5-pin MIDI input - recieve midi bpm through usb. That way, you can use DJ software, have mixers FX's synced to the track bpm (currently possible with previous Denon mixers) and add & sync external hardware through the existing 5-pin MIDI out port on the mixer.
    X1800 lacks midi in option because they designed it for SeratoDJ - that doesn't have the option to send track bpm via midi through usb. It's currently unknown will this mixer's FX's be synced to SDJ's bpm through some native communication protocol (SDJ sending Engine Link data?), we'll have to wait for SDJ certification in SDJ 2.0 version (currently in beta).

At least two users reported. Audio still plays, no control responds. A big no no in my book.

The unit looks very similar to the X7,
    No it doesn't.

has many of the same functions,
    Same as any 4ch club mixer.

and I assume is produced by InMusic/Numark at their Taiwan factory, not by Denon of Japan, as the X1700 was. Alesis, Akai, M-Audio, Denon, and Rane are all InMusic/Numark now.
    By that logic Rane 72 is actually a revamped Numark X5.

Well, MIDI over USB means potentially that's something they could add in the firmware later, right?
    Didn't we just had a discussion a page ago about the lack of updates for Denon hardware?

Do you have links to these problems, either on forums or posted videos? You'd be surprised how often this stuff actually doesn't get seen by the support and product managers. I could try to pass it along.
    I highly doubt owners of $1800 mixer won't report issues. One of those had the unit for review (which still isn't online). Unfortunately, I still hadn't had the chance to do a full set on this model. What I did see didn't thrill me considering I have previous experience with X1700/1600. But Pioneer user will love it. That was the whole point, right?

Tech Mentor

I don't see much similarity in functionality or look between the X5 and the Rane 72.

No it doesn't.

Same as any 4ch club mixer.

By that logic Rane 72 is actually a revamped Numark X5.

Didn't we just had a discussion a page ago about the lack of updates for Denon hardware?

I highly doubt owners of $1800 mixer won't report issues. One of those had the unit for review (which still isn't online). Unfortunately, I still hadn't had the chance to do a full set on this model. What I did see didn't thrill me considering I have previous experience with X1700/1600. But Pioneer user will love it. That was the whole point, right?

- replacement of dedicated filter resonance knob for a pan/balance knob between prototype and production model (you can almost bet it was somebody's bright idea because NXS2 has one on the same place - doesn't matter that now master volume knob is smaller than booth volume, fuck logic)
    LMAO.....Spot on!!
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Sad. I think the DN-X1700 is way better than the 1800
    And not only because I own one but just looking at both mixers side by side you know it... yet if you read the specs.

Does someone knows if 1700 works currently with Traktor Scratch control vinyl MK2?
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    Does someone knows if 1700 works currently with Traktor Scratch control vinyl MK2?
    Type of interface has no impact on timecode compatibility, only Traktor version (and even that is irrelevant after Traktor 2.7 version). Fancy way of saying: yes.

High Sierra 10.13 support: http://denondj.com/kb/article/2360
    Regarding this ^^, today I learned that Denon DID NOT test all legacy gear with High Sierra. So basically that whole article means nothing for X1600 and X1700 owners and we should test ourselves.

Type of interface has no impact on timecode compatibility, only Traktor version (and even that is irrelevant after Traktor 2.7 version). Fancy way of saying: yes.
    Many thanks for clarifying.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Regarding this ^^, today I learned that Denon DID NOT test all legacy gear with High Sierra. So basically that whole article means nothing for X1600 and X1700 owners and we should test ourselves.
    I can confirm that the X1700 audio ins and outs are not recognized by high sierra OS.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I can confirm that the X1700 audio ins and outs are not recognized by high sierra OS.
    Many thanks for the info I doubt the result will be different with the other legacy mixer models.
    I was informed that MC3000 works with High Sierra despite not being on the list, hope we can confirm the MC6000mk1 and SC3900 also.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast