Assigning FX through Traktor 2 sample slots?

Default Assigning FX through Traktor 2 sample slots?

I'm a bit confused about this. Might seem a bit stupid, but how do I assign FX through to the sample decks? For instance, how would I assign FX 1 to a sample deck?

Also, let's say I have Track A in Deck A, and a sample going and I only want to enable FX through the sample, which keeping Deck A clean, how do I do this?

Also, I don't understand the FX enable button in the sample decks. I read the manual but I still don't quite get it.

Any help?

Thanks!
    Last edited by princesultan; 10-16-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Tech Guru

Sample decks are decks C and D....so if you want to assign an effect to one set of sample slots then just activate FX 1 on deck C.

I haven't done it much in tp2 so I don't know how to assign to an individual slot but I am assuming just the FX button above the sample deck.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You still have the FX assign buttons next to each deck. 1 and 2 if you've got two FX banks active. 1, 2, 3 and 4 if you've got four FX banks active. Click the button for the bank you want to affect that deck. That effect will then be active on any of the sample slots in that deck that have their individual sample slot FX activated.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

seems straight forward, i just don't see any FX buttons next to my sample decks! i feel pretty stupid asking this as i've been using traktor for years, so this is something i should be able to figure out, lol.

do i need to use 4 FX banks in order to be able to route to decks C & D? or can i just stick with 2? i'll have to fiddle around with it, my problem is getting the FX buttons to appear next to the sample decks so i can assign the FX to the appropriate channel.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You may need to change the layout to make the FX buttons visible. You don't need to run 4 banks since you'll be able to choose whichever FX banks you select regardless of how many FX banks you're using.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by princesultan View Post
    seems straight forward, i just don't see any FX buttons next to my sample decks! i feel pretty stupid asking this as i've been using traktor for years, so this is something i should be able to figure out, lol.
    hover with your mouse over the sample slot.

Quote Originally Posted by itskindahot View Post
    hover with your mouse over the sample slot.
    it's not that FX button on the individual sample slot. it's the FX button NEXT to the sample decks that i can't get to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You may need to change the layout to make the FX buttons visible. You don't need to run 4 banks since you'll be able to choose whichever FX banks you select regardless of how many FX banks you're using.
    i'll check again, but i already changed the layout and for some reason i couldn't get them to appear! i could get them to appear next to decks A & B, but not C & D... what am i missing?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by princesultan View Post
    it's not that FX button on the individual sample slot. it's the FX button NEXT to the sample decks that i can't get to appear.
    ah ok.

1.) switch to the default "Mixer - 2Deck" layout (if you modified or deleted that layout, you can always recover the original by straightforward adjustments under Preferences -> Layout Manager).

2.) go to Preferences -> Deck Layout. Enable decks C+D and set them to sample decks. the FX buttons should now appear. EDIT: also, size of C + D must be SMALL, you won't see the FX buttons at MICRO
    Last edited by itskindahot; 10-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.

ok, i'll check it out when i get home and report back!