Pioneer 909 and ttx turntables? Jump into DVS?
    Tech Guru

Default Pioneer 909 and ttx turntables? Jump into DVS?

So I have a deal pending with a guy for a pretty good condition pioneer 909 mixer and 2 ttx turntables with usable cartriges....should I jump into this DVS game from my s4?

I was gonna slowly work into it with the scratch upgrade but I figure I might as well get the mixer as well seeing as the bundle should be under 750.

I have always wanted to learn to scratch and figured if I'm going to learn I should learn on proper gear and not attempting on my s4 while starring at the computer screen.

Any suggestions concerns about this purchase?

Should I look into other 2 channel mixers?

Thanks,
    B-Rukks

Tech Mentor

do it! to me it feels and sounds soo much better than the s4. I have a similar setup, only i have a djm 400. my last setup was an s4 and before that 2 denon cdjs and a random mixer. so far turntables have been my favorite.

I also suggest getting an x1, it will help you control loops, fx, and song selections without touching your laptop so much.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Invoke View Post
    I also suggest getting an x1, it will help you control loops, fx, and song selections without touching your laptop so much.
    I was definitely thinking of picking up an x1, and then if I play a smaller gig, I wouldn't even necessarily need to bring tables, just the mixer and x1.