New to Traktor Question.

Default New to Traktor Question.

Hello:

Been a vinyl DJ for a long time and looking into a digital setup. Too many dope tracks coming out that people aren't pressing.

I want to be able to run two turn tables and two traktor virtual decks. Trying to figure out which hub I would need. Audio 8 or Audio 6. I may run just 4 virtual decks in the future.

Thanks for your Advice,

Matthew Parks

Quote Originally Posted by Trophic View Post
    Hello:

Been a vinyl DJ for a long time and looking into a digital setup. Too many dope tracks coming out that people aren't pressing.

I want to be able to run two turn tables and two traktor virtual decks. Trying to figure out which hub I would need. Audio 8 or Audio 6. I may run just 4 virtual decks in the future.

Thanks for your Advice,

Matthew Parks
    The Audio 4 is adequate for 2 DVS decks.

Tech Guru

If you want a total of 4 Traktor decks with the ability to use timecode vinyl you'll need the Audio 8 or 10, or a Scratch certified mixer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    If you want a total of 4 Traktor decks with the ability to use timecode vinyl you'll need the Audio 8 or 10, or a Scratch certified mixer.

Okay, so with Audio 8 i will be able to use two timecode vinyl or regular vinyl and two virtual decks? I can switch out time code vinyl and regular no problem?

Also, I am assuming that regular vinyl would have to be beat matched manually with whatever digital file traktor is playing?

I really appreciate the clarification. I have been doing a lot of reading but somewhat hard to find answers to specific questions like this.

Thanks

Tech Mentor

This is something like I want to do. I have the S4 and am leaning towards just buying the Scratch upgrade. I want to keep "platters" for all 4 decks, but also want the choice between platters and vinyl.

Audio 4 or 6 is you want to run 2 decks internally in traktor, and 2 turntables (or 3 turntables and 1 internal with A6). If you want to run 4 TTs then A8 or 10.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

i think im reading it like this, you want to have 4 turntables, 2 with traktor timecode, 2 with vinyl, if this is the case then a8 or a10