First gig this past Saturday
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First gig this past Saturday

Tried a mate's party to DJ at the other day using a Traktor S2 MK2 Controller and Traktor for iPad

However, when I connected everything to his Samsung 600w mini system, the sound came through the headphones at a totally different tempo to the speakers, meaning it was impossible to even attempt to mix.

Flicking a switch at the back from "Main" to "Studio" changed a tiny bit, but I was still unable to mix at all. Any idea why this might have happened?

I brought the stuff home on Sunday and mixed for 1 hour with no problem at all! (www.mixcloud.com/malcolmdexxx - would love to hear feedback)

#shamelessplug

Different 'tempo'?? or with a delay??
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    Different 'tempo'?? or with a delay??
    With a delay (seems more likely)
    Last edited by MalcolmDeXXX; 05-11-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Most likely explanation is that the 'Samsung mini system' has some fancy processing in it that makes the sound coming out of it delayed. Was it a hi-fi system or a surround sound system that's usually connected to a tv?
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Most likely explanation is that the 'Samsung mini system' has some fancy processing in it that makes the sound coming out of it delayed. Was it a hi-fi system or a surround sound system that's usually connected to a tv?
    The sound came out of the speakers fine; it was the headphones that gave me trouble.

/

Was this piece of trash:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/t...ems/MX-H730/XU

So you're saying that the sound was delayed/behind in your headphones compared to what was coming out of the speakers?? I've never heard of that before, usually it's the other way round.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Something like this.. your hp's are getting the sound before the speakers, I have seen instances many times where hifi's have this dsp bullshit, that adds a delay which is noticably out of sync. Surround systems are notorious for delay, Just to clarify, is your sound to hifi amp coming from your laptop or controller output? Ta ta.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    Something like this.. your hp's are getting the sound before the speakers, I have seen instances many times where hifi's have this dsp bullshit, that adds a delay which is noticably out of sync. Surround systems are notorious for delay, Just to clarify, is your sound to hifi amp coming from your laptop or controller output? Ta ta.
    Forgive me all. Because I'm so new to all of this, I have no real idea what the specific technicals are.

All I know is it didn't work.

Are there any good recommendations for an amp + set of speakers I can buy to take out with me, should I do another house party?

Tech Wizard

I would get a couple 12inch powered tops. You can use them for house parties, and when you are ready to scale up, you can add some subs. When it comes to tops, pick your poison. I'm a huge qsc fan. JBL, EV, Yamaha and others are also good. If you are going budget, I know a few people who use Behringer B12Ds with success.

altos are cheap and I have the 15s and they have been reliable as I could ask if I were to donut again I'd went with 2 12s over the 15s....
    15s are tricky to get the right sound depth without Eq work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast