Mapping VCI-100 to DJay ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Mapping VCI-100 to DJay ???

Hi guys Im new to this MIDI controller stuff and just converted over from vinyl so please bare with. I have a vestax Spin and I bought it because of simplicity although Im selling because it kinda rub me the wrong way due to the plastic frame construction and I wanted something more durable. I got a VCI-100 and it feels a lot better and pretty much all the controls work except I am having a response problem with the jog wheels not responding to scratch or any manual movements. I did a little research and came up short and all I could find out is the you have to manual map the jog wheels to the DJay software. Has anybody here have a VCI-100 and use the DJay software and done this and how would I go about this process? Thanks in advance guys.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I have Djay and a VCI-100, but have never used them together. Just for you though I hooked the VCI up to Djay to play around and see if we could figure something out. As soon as I opened Djay a pop up told me that there was an update available. I hit okay and it was pretty quick and painless. Maybe NI should check that out.

The first thing I tried were the jogs and they didn't work. So I explored a bit. I clicked on the MIDI menu and chose configure Vesatx VCI-100. I touched a jog wheel and the CC16 note showed up for the left jog touch sensor. I clicked on the arrow in the empty spot next to that and chose turntable 1, then the next empty spot to the right I chose scrub closed it and it worked. I don't get a scratch sound though and very little movement on the jog translates to lots of movement. Might be able to eventually figure that out.

Another note with the VCI using the 1.4 firmware not everything works like the default VCI-100 mapping from Djay. I would suspect there might be problems with 1.3 as well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks....will give it a try...peace

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply bro, I guess Im going to just mess around with the MIDI setup and see what I come up with then I will just post up my finding to help out the community. You have a been great help by at least giving me a head start on what to do

Tech Convert

I just got back my VCI-100 from DJTechtools ( Big respect to Zach ) and they upgraded my firmware 1.4. So as far as the jog wheels goes, they cannot scratch on stop music movement and pitch sliders are not working. I adjusted the pitch sliders via MIDI mapping but the jogs wheels are not responsive. Im pretty sure I need to map the controls via MIDI. but does anybody have a mapping tool or diagram of some sort on how to do this? Thanks in advance guys
    Last edited by Benzi; 11-04-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
    I just got back my VCI-100 from DJTechtools ( Big respect to Zach ) and they upgraded my firmware 1.4. So as far as the jog wheels goes, they cannot scratch on stop music movement and pitch sliders are not working. I adjusted the pitch sliders via MIDI mapping but the jogs wheels are not responsive. Im pretty sure I need to map the controls via MIDI. but does anybody have a mapping tool or diagram of some sort on how to do this? Thanks in advance guys
    DITTO!!used the midi mapping,...but pitch sliders,& jog wheels for spinback,or scratching don't work!

Tech Convert

Unfortunatley the 1.4 firmware does not work with the DJay application so you have to step it back down to a 1.3 or 1.2 that's what I did & also if you using a early version of the VCI-100, the jog wheels don't work at all but everything else seems to work. My advise if you not lazy like me use the 1.3 firmware and re-mapp the rest of the controls like the the EQ's, Gain's and reverse buttons which was scrambled up in the 1.3 version. The 1.2 version has them all mapped correctly but the jog wheels are not as responsive as the 1.3 firmware

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can boot into 1.2 from either 1.3 or 1.4.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Wow I thought that you can only go from 1.3 to 1.2 but if you have 1.4 you would have to re-flash back out the 1.4 firmware. How do you go from 1.4 to 1.3 or 1.2 bro?

Think you hold down the top left button on the vci before / whilst you plug it in. Then it boots in 1.2 mode...

If not that button, one of the buttons...

Have a search on forums for confirmation

Also, just putting this out there, get Traktor to use with the VCI and soup it up to a SE edition whilst you're at it.

jusayin
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast