S4 vs VCI-100 w/ X1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default S4 vs VCI-100 w/ X1

Ok, I am finally getting the hang of this VCI 1.4 fw and latest mapping. To save myself some coin, I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to pickup another controller (such as the X1) to take advantage of the sample decks in TP2.

So , with that being said, would the X1 be overkill for this? Would I be happier with an S4 instead? Is there a better controller to use with the VCI to get the most out of TP2?

and finally, If you are a S4 owner and previously had the VCI with 1.4 firmware , would you say the VCI is worth keeping around and saving some money?

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread...i'm pretty much in the exact same position (running 1.3 firmware though) and started a similar topic a few days ago but it quickly got pushed back a few pages by all the T2 talk.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...highlight=rami

Vci plus another controller is a personal setup, you chose what you want, you don'y have to use the s4 only to control tp2.
    Plus vci is better made in my opinion.
    For me vci plus other controllers is better.
    More choice of customisation (like also for the audio interface)
    Btw s4 is cheaper
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by CionniAsDj View Post
    Vci plus another controller is a personal setup, you chose what you want, you don'y have to use the s4 only to control tp2.
    Plus vci is better made in my opinion.
    For me vci plus other controllers is better.
    More choice of customisation (like also for the audio interface)
    Btw s4 is cheaper
    Thanks for your reply. The S4 however is more expensive then an X1 at this point since I already have the VCI and audio interface.

Who else thinks the build quality is better on the VCI?

Quote Originally Posted by NewManSoon View Post
    Thanks for your reply. The S4 however is more expensive then an X1 at this point since I already have the VCI and audio interface.

Who else thinks the build quality is better on the VCI?
    sure thati is a more expensive choice now, i intended at the beginning.
    If you think about it, take the s4 price, take apart the price of TP2, and of the audio 4, the controller itself doesn't cost that much, and this because is made of plastic, like almost every control.
    In my opinion vci is a tank.
    and vci and x1 is like an s4, but better made and different from the 80% of digital dj.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

I've got an LPD8 which I hardly use... I've mapped a few extra things to it.

It's got 4 programs on it already so 2 of those I could map to the sample banks...

I haven't got Traktor 2 yet btw, just waiting for the dust to settle before I dive in. Also would like a DJTT mapping ideally.

I can't work out if an X1 is right for the sample decks or not myself?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I've got an LPD8 which I hardly use... I've mapped a few extra things to it.

It's got 4 programs on it already so 2 of those I could map to the sample banks...

I haven't got Traktor 2 yet btw, just waiting for the dust to settle before I dive in. Also would like a DJTT mapping ideally.

X1 will be right because NI will release an official mapping to control sample deck
    anyway, and lpd8 will do the job perfectly, i was thinking of buying one.

During the editing of the vci tsi i discovered all the mapping of the sample deck, and i think that yes, lpd8 would be cheap and great for that.

i will try a virtual lpd8 with touchosc and try to map it, for understand better

Soundcloud.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CionniAsDj View Post
    X1 will be right because NI will release an official mapping to control sample deck
    You get an X1 sample deck/loop recorder mapping with T2. It's in the settings folder.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You get an X1 sample deck/loop recorder mapping with T2. It's in the settings folder.
    Thanks mate, i didn't know that, i'll take a look at the mapping, kinda curious

Soundcloud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast