need some opinions on jog colors and knobs
    Tech Wizard

Default need some opinions on jog colors and knobs

so im feeling a little frisky and im going to paint my jogs. i have the silver vci-100 but i plan to get an overlay once djtt makes one for traktor pro2. i was thinking of painting my jogs flat black. and then getting some yellow knobs. keep in mind i would like to do colors that will look good with silver and black when the new overlay comes out.

also how are the colored knobs in the store? are they quality or cheesy feeling?

im open to any opinions though
    15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

They're quality knobs, chunkier than the stock knobs.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    They're quality knobs, chunkier than the stock knobs.
    yeah thats one thing i could tell. do they have a hard plastic feel or a slightly softer feel? my problem is im thinking the black knobs are slight better quality and will look better on my silver vci w black jogs. but then when i get an overlay i think the yellows will look better. HMMMM choices
    15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE

The DJTT knobs are cool, but they're not as good quality as the black rubberised ones that came with my black VCI. When I got them, I took one out of the bag and the black line fell right off (though i clicked it back on again and it's been fine since. Also when they arrived, some of them were upside down (pointed to 6 o'clock when in the middle rather than 12) but the inside piece comes out and can but put back in the other way up.

I'm pretty happy with them, and they look awesome, but they're not perfect and I wouldn't say they're easier to use or anything.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The black knobs from DJTT are rubberized.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Learn from my mistakes. Please, please, please use a quality spray paint.

Tech Wizard

thanks guys. im still stuck on which knobs to buy .

and deviant while i do know what your saying, i do slightly disagree. i painted my wheels on my truck with 99c spray paint from walmart and 99c clear coat and people thought i got them powder coated. also they lasted all winter with the salt and everything and still look great.

basically the biggest part of painting is prep work and a proper application. not necessarily the paint itself. to an extent..

but i still plan on getting some decent conductive paint. im not going to spend a crazy amount though thats for sure.

Tech Guru

These are fantastic: http://store.djtechtools.com/product...-sliders-black I use them on my Mixtrack, you really can't go wrong unless your really considering style. In that case glow in the dark

I painted my Hercules MP3 E2 recently. I used the $3 can of touchtone spray paint. I prepped and sanded, painted and added a 2 clear coats. Even after 3 or so days it still left finger print indents in the actual paint. Something with the black paint, doesn't happen with the white.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    These are fantastic: http://store.djtechtools.com/product...-sliders-black I use them on my Mixtrack, you really can't go wrong unless your really considering style. In that case glow in the dark

I painted my Hercules MP3 E2 recently. I used the $3 can of touchtone spray paint. I prepped and sanded, painted and added a 2 clear coats. Even after 3 or so days it still left finger print indents in the actual paint. Something with the black paint, doesn't happen with the white.
    well i am going for style as well a quality so its a tough choice. and yeah i guess ill have to let my jogs dry for a while. except i dont think im doing any clear coats because i dont think they have conductive flat clear coats. because i think ill be painting the jogs flat black.