A claim that DJ equipment in clubs will be replaced by iPhones and Tablets - wtf? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All of our devices are consistently being consolidated into singular pieces of technology, so I can see his logic.

Think about 15 years ago. You had a portable music player, cell phone, house phone, fax machine, photo camera, video camera, phone book, and address book. Now, you just have a cell phone.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

The DJ peering at his phone is not really much different to the DJ peering at his laptop, and neither are much different from the crowd, most of whom are watching the whole thing on their phone while they record it anyway.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    All of our devices are consistently being consolidated into singular pieces of technology, so I can see his logic.

Think about 15 years ago. You had a portable music player, cell phone, house phone, fax machine, photo camera, video camera, phone book, and address book. Now, you just have a cell phone.
    Agreed but this is still effin stupid lol that guy looks ridiculous deejaying with a phone I am surprised no one threw a beer bottle at his ass.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 3.01 /MacOS High Sierra/Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2015
    MF Twister /Kontrol F1/Kontrol X1 Mk2 x 2/XDJ 1000 MK2 x2/Maschine Mk2/RMX 1000
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Nobody cares what a DJ looks like when he’s playing.

Do you think a painter cares how he looks when he’s painting? Or a drummer when he’s drumming?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Nobody cares what a DJ looks like when he’s playing.

Do you think a painter cares how he looks when he’s painting? Or a drummer when he’s drumming?
    Looks are everything...When I dress for work people are always calling me sir. When I’m dressed down for stuff around my house and need to go to the store, people don’t even look twice at me. The way you present yourself in public is a big deal. I’m not saying it’s right, it’s just the way humans are.

No.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    No.
    Maybe not in UK. Im just reflecting on where I live and my life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Volumetrix1200 View Post
    Looks are everything...When I dress for work people are always calling me sir. When I’m dressed down for stuff around my house and need to go to the store, people don’t even look twice at me. The way you present yourself in public is a big deal. I’m not saying it’s right, it’s just the way humans are.
    Your music is your presentation. Most DJs I have seen (big name or not) are usually just in a T-shirt (except Eric Morillo). If you use an iphone, so be it. You better rock the party.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Your music is your presentation. Most DJs I have seen (big name or not) are usually just in a T-shirt (except Eric Morillo). If you use an iphone, so be it. You better rock the party.
    I agree music is the presentation but you need to look the part. T-shirst aren't bad. If you look like a bum your not going to get hired. If you have already become a huge name, you can do what ever you want. New djs will probably adopt the iPhone/ipad dj thing. I don't think I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Volumetrix1200 View Post
    I agree music is the presentation but you need to look the part. T-shirst aren't bad. If you look like a bum your not going to get hired. If you have already become a huge name, you can do what ever you want. New djs will probably adopt the iPhone/ipad dj thing. I don't think I will.
    If you are trying to "get" the job. Of course. Take a shower and put on a nice shirt. But I am standing and moving for three or four hours I need to be comfortable.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12