Mixify Legal Agreement

Default Mixify Legal Agreement

I must confess I read that one during a coffee break but I still could not get a feel what it's all about.

For me it sounded like those who agree to this agreement have all the legal burden concerning ownership of the material. Does that mean that we need to have full copyright ownership to the tracks, or legally purchased them?

I don't mind the full copyright, i.e written and produced music by the owner, would force me to produce 50+ minutes of music each week. And I've done similar 'fake artist' mixes with all stuff coming from my studio with lots of pseudonym artists and remixes. However, I think the intent of the contract is ownership of the audio, i.e not stealing music via bit torrent or something similar.

Anyway, I'm somewhat confused and don't want to sign this until I really understand the intent. Could anyone who read the Mixify contract chime in and explain it a little bit more, thx?

I think it's talking about music you upload to sell, tracks not mixes.
    SC | MC

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I think it's talking about music you upload to sell, tracks not mixes.
    This
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Oh, Ok that explained it, thx. Was stupefied for a moment and having such restricted use for mix uploads would have been very dramatic.

They do an illegal scan as your mixing and somehow trace back through to your cdjs and to the burned cd to see if you are legit

Quote Originally Posted by MelloState View Post
    They do an illegal scan as your mixing and somehow trace back through to your cdjs and to the burned cd to see if you are legit
    Soundcloud could do that already, audio track pattern matching is pretty sophisticated nowadays, same with iTunes Match, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Soundcloud could do that already, audio track pattern matching is pretty sophisticated nowadays, same with iTunes Match, too.
    Thats area restrictions they have.

Quote Originally Posted by MelloState View Post
    Thats area restrictions they have.
    No, Soundcloud catches mixes with tracks that have orders from labels for not playing back tracks without permission.

PS: As a label owner I could do the same, but I think it's better for tracks to be played than not played.