Should i buy these? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Remember that the S4 has the option to add timecode if you want it later. Plus the dedicated filters and the loop screen are really handy.
    13" Core I7 MBP - Kontrol S4 - Midi Fighter - RP-DJ1200 - BX8a

Quote Originally Posted by dominant View Post
    Remember that the S4 has the option to add timecode if you want it later. Plus the dedicated filters and the loop screen are really handy.
    I don't like scratching tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    get an s2 and wait for the k1?
    +2

Wait. I aware u can trigger sammples from the s2. So I would sagiy s2 and wait for the f1 to come out. For headphones get pioneer hdj500. They are real good for the price.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you're using samples you can do it all with just the S4 without the need of an X1.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    I don't like scratching tbh.
    Timecode allows you to scratch, but it's not just for scratching. It's also a hell of a lot nicer to mix with.

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Timecode allows you to scratch, but it's not just for scratching. It's also a hell of a lot nicer to mix with.
    Why do you say so?

Don't go for Sony Headphones, bought them 2 months ago and already not a fan, as for the question; i worried that i wouldnt use the all the s4's features so i though id get the s2 but i didnt wanna be limited in what i do. The s4 is the complete package and unless i wanted to move up to 2 cdjs and a mixer the s4 is perfect. still the industry standard controller IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mco View Post
    Don't go for Sony Headphones, bought them 2 months ago and already not a fan, as for the question; i worried that i wouldnt use the all the s4's features so i though id get the s2 but i didnt wanna be limited in what i do. The s4 is the complete package and unless i wanted to move up to 2 cdjs and a mixer the s4 is perfect. still the industry standard controller IMHO.
    Price difference is what concerns me, i don't think i'd manage to collect 500$ i need to complete that S4 difference.

Tech Mentor

an s2 or s4 for mixing, and an lpd8 for triggers will do you great, get an x1 only if you think you really need it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast