C - copy to C button goes nuts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Copy to C button goes nuts on VCI 100

Hi, I'm pretty new to this.

I don't know if it's my lack of experience or a glitch. If I'm playing a track on deck 1 and press the "copy to c" button the track instantly plays really fast and then if i stop the track and put a new track on that deck it still goes really fast with the new track, the only way I can change it back to the original track speed is by turning traktor pro 2 off and back on again. Is this a bug / glitch or is it just me doing something stupid ? The same thing happens with deck 2 and "copy to d" button.

It speeds the track up by 50% and if I press the Copy to c button again, it speeds up to 73% but there doesn't seem to be any way out of it.

this is on a VCI 100 SE on a macbook pro

all the best
    IPM
    Last edited by IPM; 07-03-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Hi, Anyone out there?

I think my overlay is an old one. I'm saying the C button but on the newer overlays this button is actually the Sync / Key Lock button, anyone any idea as to why when I hit the button the track playing speeds up by 50 % and if I hit it again it speeds up by 73% and then as far as I can see there is no way of getting the track to play at normal speed after that, unless I restart traktor.

Any ideas.

many thanks in advance.
    IPM

Tech Mentor

Hello mate, could you tell me which mapping you are using and I'll try to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daw-z View Post
    Hello mate, could you tell me which mapping you are using and I'll try to help you out.
    Hi DAW-Z

Thanks. it's VCI 100 se 3.6.4. mappings.

all the best
    IPM

Tech Mentor

If deck A is your master deck and playing and you press the sync button on deck B whilst deck B is playing does it still happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Daw-z View Post
    If deck A is your master deck and playing and you press the sync button on deck B whilst deck B is playing does it still happen?
    Hi, I just had a play there to see whats going on with it.

I put a track on deck A it ran fine at 120 bpm, I pressed the sync / lock button and it speeded up to 143 bpm, I pressed the sync / lock button again and it played at 150 bpm. I then put a track on deck B, it played fine, I pressed the sync / lock button on deck A nothing happened, so I pressed the sync / lock button on deck B and it sync to deck A ( I'm sure thats what it's meant to do), I then cant get them back to the original speed.

I'm not sure why deck A speeds up when there's no track on deck B unless it remembers the speed of the last track played when I press the sync button ?

hope this makes sense.

Best
    IPM

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What's your master clock set at?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    What's your master clock set at?
    Hi photojojo

Thanks for your reply, I checked the master clock and right enough thats the speed that the tracks jump to when I press the sync button. I've had a mess with it now and everything is going slow now DOH! looks like I'll have to do some reading up on traktor. Is there a simple way just to get everything back to normal speed with out having to do a restart ?

all the best and many thanks for that.
    IPM

Tech Wizard

so set the clock back to auto?

Quote Originally Posted by arumdevil View Post
    so set the clock back to auto?
    Thank you arumdevil, I've sorted it now, I had a read over the instructions during the week and sorted it out, I should have probably done that in the first place. thanks for your post though, really appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast