Ideas for Club Night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Ideas for Club Night

I am trying to start a weekly in my small city for Thursday nights. This night is somewhat competitive for this area but I am thinking that with some effort that success can happen. The club is a new club which just underwent renovations.

What I am looking for is some ideas in which I can get people down to this night. Some creative ideas to kick it off and keep the steam going to make this successfull. The vibe is going to be maintstream with a housey dance remix flavour. Anyone have any good ideas, or some helpful experience tips?
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Search main blog for articles on promoting nights. there's been a few.

Book a headline act.

Find out who does all the bill posters for your area and get some bill posters done.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

if the club owner is on board with helping you. find out what good promotions his alcohol distributors have been offering and see if you can do something like cheap shots, 2 for 1 beers, or something like that.

when it comes to clubs, music has influence yes. but no form of music has the draw that is cheap booze.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    if the club owner is on board with helping you. find out what good promotions his alcohol distributors have been offering and see if you can do something like cheap shots, 2 for 1 beers, or something like that.

when it comes to clubs, music has influence yes. but no form of music has the draw that is cheap booze.
    This. And also I'd suggest trying to get a big name in "monthly" or something. Esp. one of the first couple nights. It might look like a $$ loss at first, but you have to look at the bigger picture.

Actually thinking about doing the same in the near future in my area as well. There's a void of good weekly EDM outside of Worcester or Boston in MA. And even those, have their specifics that I think something else could be pulled bigger.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Here's a couple of good articles, there's more on the main page if you search thorugh them.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/10/1...-night-part-1/

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/12/0...-night-part-2/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    Actually thinking about doing the same in the near future in my area as well. There's a void of good weekly EDM outside of Worcester or Boston in MA. And even those, have their specifics that I think something else could be pulled bigger.
    yo man if you want to have some help in doing that id totally be down. keep me informed if you do. i was thinking about talking to the manager at this bar/club in milford about possibly starting a night once a month (or bar louie at patriot place in foxboro next to gillette).

idk if you know about MassEDMC -- it was a website started for EDM out around UMASS that has spread a bit, they still do monthly events at divas in northhampton but they might be good to get ahold of as they prob have a bigger network they can rely on to get something started outside of the UMASS bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    This. And also I'd suggest trying to get a big name in "monthly" or something. Esp. one of the first couple nights. It might look like a $$ loss at first, but you have to look at the bigger picture.

If you need any help I do have some connects in worcester and boston. Nothing special, but u never know. Only takes knowing one person if it's the right one. Just hit me up.

Tech Mentor

a lot of the weekly club things that are big around here(throwed is the best example) do things like have a photographer hired the whole time with a backdrop so you can take pics with your friends and then tag yourself on facebook. this allows people to see your event page.

and do the dudes setting stuff up in boston hit me up. ive set up some events at the middle east and other boston clubs before

yeah ive heard of the nights at the middle east and stuff but havnt made it in for one yet, i was more thinking of a night at a bar or something outside of the citys (worcester/boston), but we should prob start another thread if youre serious about doing something like this around boston, cause we kinda jacked this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast