Tempo Bend with jogs.

Default Tempo Bend with jogs.

Nice thread idea!

I for one haven't really found the answer to my problem yet, but here goes:

The Problem
    Tempo bend is only a button in Traktor Pro, which rules out the possibility of being able to tempo bend with the joggs.
    Of course mapping the new CD DJ jogg function solves this, even though it isn't really the same way of working.

When using the CD DJ Jogg function, it sets a standard sensitivity for both the scroll function and the tempo bend function. Is there a way to adjust this?
    I like the tempo bend to be rather precise, where i'd like the scrolling to be quite loose.

Any help with this would be great!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    Nice thread idea!

I for one haven't really found the answer to my problem yet, but here goes:

The Problem
    Tempo bend is only a button in Traktor Pro, which rules out the possibility of being able to tempo bend with the joggs.
    Of course mapping the new CD DJ jogg function solves this, even though it isn't really the same way of working.

When using the CD DJ Jogg function, it sets a standard sensitivity for both the scroll function and the tempo bend function. Is there a way to adjust this?
    I like the tempo bend to be rather precise, where i'd like the scrolling to be quite loose.

Any help with this would be great!
    Map two controls. One control should be Tempo Bend and select the direction as Up. Map that to your jog wheel when you push it forward. Do the same for Tempo Bend set to Back (as a different line) and map it to when you pull your jog wheel back. This definitely works on the VCI-100, but I don't know if that's what you have. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thanks a lot for that tip. Will try it when i get back from work tonight!

I moved this out of the other thread to stop it turning into a question thread and dedicate it more to problems that people have solved - this way all posts are to the point and every post contains valuable information. However, please feel to rewrite the problem and the solution in the thread now you both the solution and the problem.

Welecome to DJTT by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    Thanks a lot for that tip. Will try it when i get back from work tonight!
    I'm just after starting my first proper custom mapping of the VCI and can confirm that this does work.

HOORAY....
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro