Looking at some new controllers
    Tech Guru

Default Looking at some new controllers

I bought a numark total control about 2 months ago when i started djing but now I'm starting to look for something with higher quality.

Some of the controllers im considering are:
    (1) Kontrol S2
    (2) Vestax VCI-100 with firmware update and DJtechtools mapping

Any suggestions for me to take a look at?

It all depends on what you want to do? By your suggestions, I take it you're mainly looking for 2-channel controllers. But other than that, do you want a built-in sound interface? What about a hardware mixer? Do you need jog wheels, or do you want loads of buttons?

It all depends on what sort of DJing you want to do, controllerism, scratching, "plain" mixing, mobile DJing, the list is endless, you'll have to be a bit more precise.

Tech Guru

2 channels and preferably a built in sound interface and I'd be using it for controllerism mixing and i'd prefer something not too big because I will be traveling with it

Quote Originally Posted by losxc451 View Post
    2 channels and preferably a built in sound interface and I'd be using it for controllerism mixing and i'd prefer something not too big because I will be traveling with it
    as u dont mention needing jogs why not a twitch then... nice and portable and plenty of stuff to map creatively
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

Hmm yea I like how that ones look. Can it be mapped to traktor easily with the touch strips?

Quote Originally Posted by losxc451 View Post
    Hmm yea I like how that ones look. Can it be mapped to traktor easily with the touch strips?
    it comes with itch not traktor and so most people (from what ive been reading here) have been playing with itch more. it does also come with a traktor mapping and overlay tho and should be easily mappable. i dont know off hand what kind of messages the touch strips send out but i presume at least an absolute 0-127 so would be as easy to map as any fader/pot.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

Yea ill have to look into it more when I get the chance, thanks

Tech Wizard

with all the current options don't get the vci 100, because you'll need to buy a soundcard making it costly.

the twitch, which will be my first controller is an amazing option for a begginner, it's cheap( $500), has a soundcard, come with free itch 2.0, has fader fxs, light and portable , and you can map to traktor too.

The s2 is good option too , simple, easy to use but i find that it's a bit limiting, better to get s4 instead if your going for the s2

the new pioneer controller is also a good controller but it's going to be overpriced.
    | 13" Macbook Pro | Novation Twitch | Kontrol X1 | Bose QuietComfort 15 Headphones | Traktor Pro 2 | Serato Itch |

Tech Guru

So far I really like the twitch after taking a look at it