External USB Soundcard suggestions
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default External USB Soundcard suggestions

Could anyone please suggest me a good External USB Soundcard with multipile sound (stereo) outputs, atleast 2 because one for master (audience) and one for cueing (heapdphones).

I have come across these two for now:
    Zalman ZM-RSSC 5.1Ch USB Sound Card
    MAYA44 USB External Sound Card

Kindly disscuss and suggest!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, technically you are comparing two completely different things. The Zalman is a sound card and the MAYA is more of an interface. The sound card is not meant for professional audio work, so strike it off your list, in my opinion.

The MAYA is an interface, built to handle more intense audio work. If you can stretch your budget a little more I'd recommend this article Ean did on cheaper interfaces.

Good luck
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yea I saw that one, which did he rate the best?

Quote Originally Posted by dsqair View Post
    Yea I saw that one, which did he rate the best?
    "Conclusions

For the lowest price I would go with the maya44 USB but if you can pay more and want to produce some tracks as well get the Novation. For traveling light and trouble free setup the Indigo dj is a great workhorse." - right from the article

btw welcome to the site

Tech Wizard

For me, it's a toss-up between the ESI Maya 44 and the Numark DJ|iO, as they are both about the same price ($100). I ended up going with Numark, though I have yet to actually try it out.

EDIT: I just remembered the Maya 44's headphone port combines all the outputs, so it's not suited for simultaneous playback and cueing.
    Last edited by EULA; 12-05-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Tech Convert

Default How, exactly, do u cue tracks on headphones using the Maya44!!!

I'm reluctantly about to fork out money for a Quatafire 610(about $200 on special) which is supposedly the best deal available to me right now & the guy thats trying to sell me the tech showed me the Maya44 for $140 - he, also told me I wont be able to cue if I buy it. I really don't wanna buy anything in a higher price bracket that I'm not sure about & I cant find any good reviews on the QuataFire 610 anywhere on the net.

How exactly does one cue tracks using the Maya44 interface? The video on the website doesn't show how Ean used it, but he recommends it as a suitable choice & his opinion is echoed on other DJ Tech sites & forums . This interface seems to be somewhat of a legend in Digital DJ Circles. So I figure they must have made it work somehow.

I see quite a few people on this site have questioned its validity & it was mentioned to use an "RCA to female headphone adapter" - How exactly does this work. I'm new to all the audio terminology & words like analogue & stereo are familiar to me, but I don't know exactly what they mean in this context.

So if Anyone could please explain to me in the simplest of terms how to navigate around this cue'ing issue of the Maya44 audio interface, I (& I'm sure allot of others) would greatly appreciate it.

Thanx!

Tech Convert

Default Edirol UA-20?

Edirol UA-20. Does anybody know if this will work as a dj sound card with a lappie/pc only?...would headphone cueing be possible?

Here's the product & specs
    Last edited by Chuen; 12-06-2008 at 08:43 PM.

@ Chuen I don`t have MAYA44 but I think I saw on screenshots of user interface that you can set that cue output will monitor only channel 1/2 or 3/4 so maybe you can set it there.
    If it doesn`t work than you can buy this one,as I did(yes I first bought it before maya44)

I think this is solution for cueing.

Tech Convert

Default How, exactly, do u cue tracks on headphones using the Maya44!!!

@ mekon_ca Is that what a RCA to female headphone adapter looks like? Was it easy to find? In theory it should work, I'm just looking for confirmation from users before I make a purchase. It seems everyone is recommending it as a great budget interface, but no-one actually owns one.
    What screen shot are u referring to?...is it possible to post the link?

Thanx for the tip, I'll look into it.

So...anyone out there, that owns a Maya44 usb & cueing on headphones?!

...Anyone?

Tech Mentor

Check out the M-audio connectiv its pretty cheap works well with traktor and you also get the Torq software with it

works great for me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast