Anyone know phono preamps? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Amazon reviews are not good reference as you have noticed. I haven't used the Art but have read good things on audiophile forums and if I was looking for cheap preamp I'd go for that. But don't expect miracles in this price range. You have to go at least $100-120 for solid results.
    The integrated preamps in the Projects are no better than their cheapest separate models.
    Technics is more than good audiophile turntable, not only dj, and Projects up to say $1000 are not on par - speed stability, bearings, isolation, motor noise etc.

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Amazon reviews are not good reference as you have noticed. I haven't used the Art but have read good things on audiophile forums and if I was looking for cheap preamp I'd go for that. But don't expect miracles in this price range. You have to go at least $100-120 for solid results.
    The integrated preamps in the Projects are no better than their cheapest separate models.
    Technics is more than good audiophile turntable, not only dj, and Projects up to say $1000 are not on par - speed stability, bearings, isolation, motor noise etc.
    Fair enough.

I've only heard good things about pro-ject, but I guess that's par for the course with analog wankery audiophile junk.

I'll probably just buy the ART. All I want is something relatively flat that doesn't distort everything I plug it into.

Tech Convert

Fiio A5 is cheap and portable.
    Sounds great too! Use them with my Sennheiser HD 650

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12