My first unexpected gig.
    Tech Wizard

Default My first unexpected gig.

So last Saturday night the wife and a few friends went bar hopping in downtown Monrovia. We ended up at this London style pub. As I walk in I noticed there was a DJ and I looked over and he had a MIDI fighter. Upon closer look I saw he was using the S2. I walk up and started conversating with him. So we are talking and he says "Hey wanna try it out? The worst they can do is fire me" I said sure and I mixed for about 45 minutes. I will admit it was mostly top 40 and there was some sync button usage, but for my first time I don't think I did too bad. Im glad I had some alcohol in me. Its kinda hard with someone else's playlist. Was scared shitless for the first two songs, but after that it was not too bad. Just had to share my little story with you guys.

cool story bruv

Quote Originally Posted by NOFUNNICK View Post
    So last Saturday night the wife and a few friends went bar hopping in downtown Monrovia. We ended up at this London style pub. As I walk in I noticed there was a DJ and I looked over and he had a MIDI fighter. Upon closer look I saw he was using the S2. I walk up and started conversating with him. So we are talking and he says "Hey wanna try it out? The worst they can do is fire me" I said sure and I mixed for about 45 minutes. I will admit it was mostly top 40 and there was some sync button usage, but for my first time I don't think I did too bad. Im glad I had some alcohol in me. Its kinda hard with someone else's playlist. Was scared shitless for the first two songs, but after that it was not too bad. Just had to share my little story with you guys.
    Using someone else's setup is harder than playing a gig of your own, so congrats for pulling it off. Now when you land a slot of your own it'll seem like a piece of piss in comparison
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Good work m8

Tech Convert

My buddy who got me into DJing is a bit of an asshole. I had played with his S4 for about half an hour and then we go down to the club to hang out. He asks if I want to play a bit and said sure. 30 seconds later he says, "Oh, by the way, I have to go pick up my girlfriend I'll be back in an hour," and he leaves. I ended up with a full dance floor and that night landed me his gig when he moved a few months later.

Quote Originally Posted by nofunnick View Post
    so last saturday night the wife and a few friends went bar hopping in downtown monrovia. We ended up at this london style pub. As i walk in i noticed there was a dj and i looked over and he had a midi fighter. Upon closer look i saw he was using the s2. I walk up and started conversating with him. So we are talking and he says "hey wanna try it out? The worst they can do is fire me" i said sure and i mixed for about 45 minutes. I will admit it was mostly top 40 and there was some sync button usage, but for my first time i don't think i did too bad. Im glad i had some alcohol in me. Its kinda hard with someone else's playlist. Was scared shitless for the first two songs, but after that it was not too bad. Just had to share my little story with you guys.
    funnick!