when will someone produce a controller for turntablists?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default when will someone produce a controller for turntablists?

seriously why cant akai drop some real faders into an apc40? i know there was that article about the battlemixer/monome thing, which looks interesting and all, but i cant figure out why no big names have stepped up and made a battle mixer with shit tons of buttons and such to map. trying to route the apc with an actual mixer is stupid. its driving me nuts that there isnt a solid controller , that isnt some all in one jog wheel crappola , that you can scratch with.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    seriously why cant akai drop some real faders into an apc40?
    The innofader mini should fit in an APC .. if you were serious you could replace all the faders I'm guessing.

What about the 4midiloop ? ... enough buttons and decent quality all round, or do you want a matrix type thing ? ..

The Numark MPC DJ ... certainly built for scratching and has nice big MPC pads

Or are you looking for a dedicated mixer with trigger controls ?
    Last edited by deevey; 05-20-2012 at 10:53 AM.

You're right. I'm also really astonished that there aren't more controllers on the market offering some additional buttons, faders or knobs one can get custom mapped. The VCI400 seems to have made the first step into this direction.
    The reason why this is what it's like probably is that there is only a small group customising their controllers by selfmade mappings. A lot more will probably want to use everything as it comes out of the box. A disappointing fact ideed...

Btw: Rane Sixty-eight or Livid cntrl:r probably won't contain enough buttons for you, right?
    Last edited by RockingClub; 05-20-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Tech Guru

Oh god I find the 4midiloop to be the most atrocious design ever, that's just me though.

Good point by the OP. What I actually this thread was going to be about was a midi turntable. It'd be cool to see someone come up with a midi turntable with decent torque that could be used over timecode. This way no dirty vinyl/needles, no need for the certified sound cards for timecode.

Vci-380... :-)

im really not interested anything with jogs, call me old fashioned but i like scratching with records. all in ones dont make the grade for me. the new innofader looks cool but they are the first to say its not a serious fader, although id be down to try it and prolly will. the fader fox thing is terrible design and cost way too much. id really pay like 500 bucks for an apc with even just a rane quality crossfader, nevermind the upfaders. this is more of a thread of disbelief that there isnt an option available , rather than asking for advice on a controller.

would something like that kill the market for other things?

i'd imagine it would be slim like an ecler...

Why would you want to deal with terrible MIDI resolution, and huge amounts of fader lag, as opposed to just mixing externally, like you would most likely have to do anyway with timecode?

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Oh god I find the 4midiloop to be the most atrocious design ever, that's just me though.
    Not pretty to look at, but it has plenty of controls for you to map out with out having to add any extra controllers to the mix (like I do now)

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Why would you want to deal with terrible MIDI resolution, and huge amounts of fader lag, as opposed to just mixing externally, like you would most likely have to do anyway with timecode?

actually you can in fact mix internally using the apc as your mixer and TT with timecode, and it works all right for everything but scratching, its alot of space to take up to add the TTM56 next to or beneath the apc, just for the crossfader.

externally mixing would be ideal with some kind of mixer that ran audio outs to your soundcard for xfader and eqs,as well as having a usb-midi component for a matirx of buttons etc that could be mapped. i know rane is starting to touch on this type of thinking with their new mixer/s, but honestly numark id bed with akai is a waste and akai should be collaborating with rane.

and yah i think livid has some cool ideas but how are their faders?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast