Audio 8 or Audio 4???
    Tech Wizard

Default Audio 8 or Audio 4???

Hey all!

I need a sound card to suit 4 deck internal mixing through Traktor 3 and TPro (eventually). I'm currently using and Audio Kontrol 1 which i've possibly killed or maimed due to use through the club amp running high power speakers than its capabilitly (long story). So hopefully the AK1 is still somewhat usable as a back up but i'm not sure.

What i need to know is. Do i really need an Audio 8 or just and Audio 4?

As i said i would like to be able to mix 4 decks easily and quickly. I am looking to eventually mix externally, hence i will at some stage be purchasing a 4 channel mixer. Is a Audio 4 suitable for this or am i better to spend the extra few dollars straight up and get the Audio 8?

I am quite willing to spend the extra money as they are currently on special.

Thanks.
    All help appreciated in advance!!!

what it boils down to is cash. If you go it, get the audio 8, if you still got money to burn just get Traktor Scratch/PRO package.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    what it boils down to is cash.
    Wrong.

What it boils down to is where the soundcard will be located.

If it will be at a skatepark, or anywhere near skateboarders, you must go with the Audio4.

If you want to eventually mix 4 decks and want to mix them externally then the audio 8 is the way to go. If you are not going to be using timecode vinyl though id be looking at a firewire soundcard solution as they are generally better quality and have lower latency.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    If you want to eventually mix 4 decks and want to mix them externally then the audio 8 is the way to go. If you are not going to be using timecode vinyl though id be looking at a firewire soundcard solution as they are generally better quality and have lower latency.
    what firewire sound card would you recommend?
    I'm currently on the market for a sound card, i was thinking an audio 4. But, I would rather save a USB slot for a nanopad.
    Is the sound quality of a presonus firebox better than a NI audio 4?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Wrong.

What it boils down to is where the soundcard will be located.

If it will be at a skatepark, or anywhere near skateboarders, you must go with the Audio4.
    ROFLMAO @ Chilly