dealing with party guest - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

hahahaha, that's just plain bad!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

i sometimes like cutting a house set short to drop in an original hip hop track. hi pass filter on and i spin it up or down to the house track speed, then hard cut or spin down the house track and reset all values on hip hop track. Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom

If someone asks for a shit track and I don't have it then I'll tell them I don't have it because it's a shit track. Although if they request a decent song that fits with my set then I'll definitely play it for them.

Every Saturday night without fail at this bar I play at I get asked to play R&B. Now don't get me wrong, I like R&B and HipHop but Saturdays are a house night so I play house. I do have quite a few house mixes of R&B/HipHop tracks so I try to play these as much as I can to please the crowd so everyone wins.

One of my favourite requests is when someone asks you to "play track number 4 off CD2 of The Ministry Of Sound Clubbers Guide to 2010"... Not only do I not know what track 4 on CD2 of the 2010 Clubbers Guide is but neither do they. Serioulsy?

To top that off it's always awesome when someone knows the artist & title of a track, you don't have it, they offer to go get the CD from their car for you to play it, you tell them they can go to their car and listen to it while they drive home
    Macbook Pro 15"
    Torq 2.0
    Connective
    Akai MPD 24

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom
    Siged

Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom

Tech Wizard

I usually say let me look for it it might take a while cuz i have a lot of music if i cant find it ill play something around that same genre, even if I do have it, this allows you that extra space and time to work up to it or just say you dont have it even if you do and them play it in your set and then look for the person who requested it make eye contact smile and point, you know that i got you covered smile and point they will smile, nod, or even lift their glasses tword you, if its a horible song i usually announce over the mic that it is a special request and say who requested it and point to the person, play the song and if it gets booed change it quickly so they will be put on the spot for it instead of you and second they wont request anymore songs if they do just explain what happened with their last request when you played it

Just tell them to give you the MP3 written on a piece of paper. Any paper would do.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

or you could wear this

my plan for this kind of stuff is:
    "hey, ill see if i can work it in, but generally i dont take requests. do you want to hear a random jumble of songs, or a solid set that you can keep a groove to? so i cant guarantee youll hear your track."

maybe throw in "but why font you and your friends/ group stick around for a while longer, i might squeeze it in" if its a song that might actually work a few tracks later
    try not to say it like a dick though. then it takes a whole new smart-ass meaning
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

i always get request to play tooted and booted and chacaron
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    i always get request to play tooted and booted...
    +1

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast