Kontrol F1 Stand-Alone mapping for Traktor

Default Kontrol F1 Stand-Alone mapping for Traktor

This mapping has been around for a while but it's never been posted on the forum and this latest version is one of the best yet and definitely worth sharing. The basic concept of the mapping was to use the F1 like an X1, as at the time my old Mixtrack was falling apart and I needed something smaller to take to gigs anyways. It was originally based around the default user mapping that comes with the F1 but with some added deck controls but I kept on changing it and adding more features and now it barely resembles what it once was. Consisting of ten instances in the controller manager, it's become what I think is one of the most advanced Traktor mappings out there today. There are several features here which are completely unique to the mapping like the backwards looping feature and the RPM feature, the first of which I now use in essentially every set I play. It's essentially like a normal "Loop set" button but instead of setting your current position as the in point and the out point being determined by the loop size, the current position is the loop out point and the loop in point is set so many beats back into the track. This allows you to set a loop past when you should have set it, meaning you don't have to think so far ahead and you can be more impulsive.

There's several versions of the mapping, 3 of them include Deck controls like play/pause, jogging, tempo control and the like and the other 2 are primarily designed for use along CDJs in HID mode (A couple of CDJ mappings are included) but they also work well in DVS set ups or as an add on to another controller which already has these aspects covered. As the F1 doesn't have jog wheels and instead relys on the encoder to make these types of adjustments, you may prefer to use something else to control this part of Traktor, especially if you like to do a bit of scratching.

There's a lot to stuff in this mapping to talk about but all of this is covered in the included guide and some of the main bullet points are covered in the description of it on the maps site:

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/2440
    I don't know what to put here

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wulfman View Post
    This mapping has been around for a while but it's never been posted on the forum and this latest version is one of the best yet and definitely worth sharing. The basic concept of the mapping was to use the F1 like an X1, as at the time my old Mixtrack was falling apart and I needed something smaller to take to gigs anyways. It was originally based around the default user mapping that comes with the F1 but with some added deck controls but I kept on changing it and adding more features and now it barely resembles what it once was. Consisting of ten instances in the controller manager, it's become what I think is one of the most advanced Traktor mappings out there today. There are several features here which are completely unique to the mapping like the backwards looping feature and the RPM feature, the first of which I now use in essentially every set I play. It's essentially like a normal "Loop set" button but instead of setting your current position as the in point and the out point being determined by the loop size, the current position is the loop out point and the loop in point is set so many beats back into the track. This allows you to set a loop past when you should have set it, meaning you don't have to think so far ahead and you can be more impulsive.

There's several versions of the mapping, 3 of them include Deck controls like play/pause, jogging, tempo control and the like and the other 2 are primarily designed for use along CDJs in HID mode (A couple of CDJ mappings are included) but they also work well in DVS set ups or as an add on to another controller which already has these aspects covered. As the F1 doesn't have jog wheels and instead relys on the encoder to make these types of adjustments, you may prefer to use something else to control this part of Traktor, especially if you like to do a bit of scratching.

There's a lot to stuff in this mapping to talk about but all of this is covered in the included guide and some of the main bullet points are covered in the description of it on the maps site:

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/2440
    Going to try this one!! Thx for posting!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.