FX controller for TP2 (also, headphone mods?)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default FX controller for TP2 (also, headphone mods?)

I've been mixing a lot lately with my S4 and have been trying to figure out a solution to my FX problem. I love that Traktor has a lot of solid built-ins, and I love that the S4 has a great way of controlling them all. I do NOT love that I have to use my mouse to select which FX I want to use while live mixing. I feel like it takes me out of the mix and forces me to stare at the computer too much.

I was wondering if there is a controller or an option to have a bunch of preset FX banks setup and ready to go with the click of a button. I thought about the Korg Nanokontrol 2, but I wasn't sure if it could do what I wanted. I also have an iPad, so I could get TouchOSC if that will do what I'd like. I'm not sure, and as I said, I'd love to NOT have to bury myself into my monitor when trying to find the FX that I like.

Also, I'm going to be buying some headphones in the near future. Right now, I've just been using the headphones that came with the Presonus AudioBox bundle I bought a while back. They aren't bad, but I'd like something a wee bit better. One thing that I'd like to do is be able to customize them with my own art/graphics. Is there any good guides on doing this for various models of headphones?

Thanks for the help!

get yourself a midifighter or similar controller and map it to set up different effect settings for each module. it will allow you to have a ton of different pre-set settings that will load at the touch of a button. This is actually giving me an idea..

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakDemon View Post
    get yourself a midifighter or similar controller and map it to set up different effect settings for each module. it will allow you to have a ton of different pre-set settings that will load at the touch of a button. This is actually giving me an idea..
    Haha - hooray for creative spark! I was actually considering a Midi Fighter. Standard or Pro, I don't know...but that thing is absolutely beautiful, and my arcade game love doesn't help my wallet on this one!

So the MF allows me to map everything how I'd like AND control, right?

Yep you can map the buttons to do just about anything you want. in this case you could set it up according to what your favorite effects are. you can use the buttons to load different effects or change parameters using pre-sets which could then further be modified by your s4.

Wow! Thanks I think my wallet is going to punch me in the neck soon...I have a feeling I'll be ordering a Midi Fighter very, very soon.

get an LPD8 and map it.. cheaper.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nicoga3000 View Post
    I've been mixing a lot lately with my S4 and have been trying to figure out a solution to my FX problem. I love that Traktor has a lot of solid built-ins, and I love that the S4 has a great way of controlling them all. I do NOT love that I have to use my mouse to select which FX I want to use while live mixing. I feel like it takes me out of the mix and forces me to stare at the computer too much.
    No need for the mouse, you can change the FX with the S4. Either a preset bunch for a group or cycle through individual. You can also put them in order of what you use the most and remove the ones you don't use from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoga3000 View Post
    I was wondering if there is a controller or an option to have a bunch of preset FX banks setup and ready to go with the click of a button. I thought about the Korg Nanokontrol 2, but I wasn't sure if it could do what I wanted. I also have an iPad, so I could get TouchOSC if that will do what I'd like. I'm not sure, and as I said, I'd love to NOT have to bury myself into my monitor when trying to find the FX that I like.
    Midi Fighter or X1. I prefer the X1 for FX control. iPad will do it as well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I didn't realize I had more control over presets that I apparently do. I'll check into that, too. Also, since I have an S4, I figured I probably wouldn't have as much use for an X1.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I loved my X1 when I had my S4. It was set up for full sample deck control and FX banks 3 and 4.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast