VST Instruments EVERYONE Should Have - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    The comment about Microsoft not updating Windows to make it more secure is wrong. Microsoft constantly updates Windows, especially for security reasons.

scamo
    I didn't say they didn't. I just said that Apple does it more often and more efficiently.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Certainly more efficiently but not as often

Tech Mentor

Okay... Point taken, but in saying that, I suppose that updates for Mac do come out less often but only because they are less vulnerable than Windows. Can I also add in that OSX Operating System Updates cost about 10 times less than Windows OS's.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by FILTHZ View Post
    You use two of the worst DAW's I have ever come into contact with.
    Thanks. Good to know.

Tech Mentor

You are welcome. Maybe try Ableton or Logic.... AT LEAST!

To each, their own favorite. You asked for others setup, but shouldn't bash about them. Troll!!!!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytekaushik View Post
    To each, their own favorite. You asked for others setup, but shouldn't bash about them. Troll!!!!!
    Ha.. yea this must be a young kid, it happens. He pm'd me a couple days ago about buying my Synth Squad for sale. So..... you don't even own it yet and are telling people authoritatively it is one of only 3 things you need to produce 'endless awesome toons' ?

Just had a look at the U-HE website. I had never heard of them until you brought up Diva. I am very impressed and am definitely considering throwing some cash in that direction. Diva looks hectic.
    Hmm……telling people what's better and ignoring everyone else's opinions based on stuff you could have gotten out of a really short-sighted 10-minute video put out by any one of a dozen crappy retailers' blogs or youtube channels……and you have't heard of u-he? It's not like they're the end-all be-all of synthesis, but it's not like they're an unknown.

I didn't say they didn't. I just said that Apple does it more often and more efficiently.
    Which is completely wrong.

You are welcome. Maybe try Ableton or Logic.... AT LEAST!
    Right…because Ableton's channel strips being different from anything else and having different workflows for 3rd party vs. native plugins isn't a huge PITA, nor is the fact that it just can't do audio editing and has the worst browser of any DAW. And Logic not being able to split stereo busses into mono feeds isn't a huge PITA when it comes up, nor is just how complicated the Environment is for what are such straightforward functions in everything else.

I own both of those and while I dislike both cubase and reaper, I think there are very valid reasons to choose them. I'd start over learning with Cubase before I'd muck around with Live again.

Quote Originally Posted by drewspuppet View Post
    Ha.. yea this must be a young kid, it happens. He pm'd me a couple days ago about buying my Synth Squad for sale. So..... you don't even own it yet and are telling people authoritatively it is one of only 3 things you need to produce 'endless awesome toons' ?
    Maybe he's just trying to go legit.

plug ins, maschine, battery, and guitar rig. im NI fan boi.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

My essential list that i use for nearly every track:

NI Massive
    NI Razor
    Independence Free
    Sausage Fattener
    Camel Crusher
    + Ableton Suite VST's (Auto Filters, Redux, Spectrum, Multiband Dynamics, Compressor etc.)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast