Fix-High Cpu usage Windows-Traktor S4
    Tech Wizard

Default Fix-High Cpu usage Windows-Traktor S4

Hie guys,been having a major CPU issue lately,freezes,droupouts the usual bt in a MAJOR scale.could only run the S4 through my PC soundcard at at the most low setting.the latency was 185.2 if im not mistaken,lol.thats bad!!
    the sound quality was awful and even then,I had to be careful with the use of effects/multiple decks which would trigger a dropout..

BUT yesterday,I came across a software called Smart Defrag 2 by iobit.installed it and later on installed the iobit malware fighter,game booster 3 and advanced system care 5..just 2 steps:

1.defragged using smart defrag 2
    2.used game booster 3 and optimized the setting to minimal usage

pc worked great after that,managed to use my S4 sound card via ASIO,with a latency around 17.5 and even recorded a few mixes with minimum to no CPU problems..

hope this info manages to help all you guys facing a similar problem..guess its a simple solution but 1 heck of a solution,lol..

ps:my PC is pretty old,that I assure u..let me know if you guys need the specs

Have you also tried the other tweaks that can be found on here? Wifi off, battery manager off etc?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

From what I remember, the one or two things that helped me with that particular problem were making sure that running applications have processor priority instead of background tasks and making sure that USB ports never sleep.

Not sure if you tried either of those things before installing game booster.
    I would rather make a change to windows than to install a piece of software as a band-aid fix.

Tech Wizard

You guys are reading my post wrong.Im offering a solution,not asking for one,lol ..anyway,hope it helps!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    From what I remember, the one or two things that helped me with that particular problem were making sure that running applications have processor priority instead of background tasks and making sure that USB ports never sleep.

I would rather make a change to windows than to install a piece of software as a band-aid fix.
    im running on windows XP and have pretty much done all the tweaking,disabling and optimization.im not sure why but it didnt help much this time(current fresh xp install) tho..however,discovered iobit has made a major improvement.i know using software optimiser's may not be the ideal choice for many but this one works.try it n hope it works well for u.peace. .

edit:realised that the gamebooster everyone talks about is the same game booster from iobit,so guess I didnt make any new discovery.however,using it for the 1st time n it really works!!
    Last edited by jackied; 02-03-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post

can you please give me a more detailed version of how this is accomplished?