Advice for MIDI mapping VCI-100

Default Advice for MIDI mapping VCI-100

Soooo, I've been making efforts to push myself beyond bedroom DJ'ing, in terms of upping my collection organisation, setting up Traktor to create a real workflow for myself etc. So far I have cleaned out my track collection to include only 320kbps mp3s, fixed the tags on them all and beat gridded them all.

The next step is to create a MIDI mapping that works for me. I mainly like to spin minimal techno, deep house and tech house, and I find beat jumping, juggling etc. is not that important to me. Primarily, I want to incorporate 4 deck control with my VCI-100 though so that I can layer loops alá Hawtin.

I would like to expand the regular deck A/B control (eg. the NI supplied VCI-100 .tsi) so that deck C/D can be controlled when a modifier is used but also so that the deck controls are modified independently (so I could have control of either A/B, A/D, C/B or C/D at any one time).

BUT (correct me if I'm wrong) there is no toggle control for a button modifer within Traktor Pro meaning I would have to hold a modifier button to control the alternative deck(s) which just isn't efficient.
    Another factor is the LED bug preventing LEDs showing their modified states.

Going on the Firware 1.4 request thread, I am guessing that the LED problem will at be sorted with the new Firmware (crossing my fingers anyway)

If I venture into Bome's will I be able to achieve the modifier HOLD capability in order to modify my deck controls?

I'm really trying to up my game here and improve my knowledge, so all corrections, suggestions and criticisms will be listened to!

Thanks guys!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You can toggle Modifiers in Traktor Pro. I guess I'll post up my Intermediate Modifier guide or something, see what you guys think.

You can use Bome to toggle and hold, and I'd recommend that direction cause the code is a LOT cleaner and easier to set up.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    If I venture into Bome's will I be able to achieve the modifier HOLD capability in order to modify my deck controls?
    All that and much much more

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    All that and much much more
    Bento, you are like the grand disciple of Bome's, preaching wherever you go to bring new converts

Would Bome's Classic be enough to achieve what I want or do I need to upscale and shell out some €s.
    I hate to be cheap, but I am unemployed at the moment.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro