Setting up Traktor Pro with Pioneer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Setting up Traktor Pro with Pioneer

Hello guys,

So since the new update of Traktor I made a step towards the Pioneer (CDJ 850, DJM 900).But I got some questions about connecting the CDJ's with Traktor Pro.

So I installed the new update, tried to set up the CDJ's , but there is no sound coming out. I tried to adjust the volume, look in the preferences if I had to change anything , I tried a lot but still, I can't control both CDJ's. So do I have to do something specific so I can control both of them, download or install something? Will this also work for other CDJ versions? And what if I want to control 4 CDJ's ?

I would really appreciate to get some more info about this set up!
    Thanks!

How are you connecting the CDJs? Need more info.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    How are you connecting the CDJs? Need more info.
    I just connect them with the USB cables as said in the video from Native Instruments.

Tech Mentor

I could be wrong, but I don't think Traktor supports the CDJ-850 for HID yet.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Traktor supports the CDJ-850 for HID yet.
    Hmm, I contacted the shop which I bought the CDJ's and he said it would work perfect with the CDJ-850. Do you know if you have to do something specific in the preferences with other CDJ's?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthier View Post
    Hmm, I contacted the shop which I bought the CDJ's and he said it would work perfect with the CDJ-850. Do you know if you have to do something specific in the preferences with other CDJ's?
    Just checked, and the 850 is not supported. Therefore, your best option right now is to use them with timecode CD's and a NI interface with Traktor Scratch.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Just checked, and the 850 is not supported. Therefore, your best option right now is to use them with timecode CD's and a NI interface with Traktor Scratch.
    And what if I want to connect Traktor with CDJ 900 - 2000? Do I just have to plug in the usb cables?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthier View Post
    And what if I want to connect Traktor with CDJ 900 - 2000? Do I just have to plug in the usb cables?
    It's slightly more complicated than that. Depends on if you use Windows or Mac... but on Mac you need to download the CDJ aggregator, then plug in each CDJ and select which decks to control.

You can use the 850s as MIDI controllers in traktor, but not HID (which is much better). You should still be able to use the sound cards, pioneer has a guide on how to do that but I'm on my phone so I can't look it up right now. With CDJ 400, 900, 2000 and 2000NXS you just plug them in and they work but for the 850s you'll need a mapping, pretty sure there's an official pioneer one.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Do you know where I can download the CDJ aggregators? And do I have to do anything special in the Traktor settings?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast